Your thoughts on these two

Help Support CattleToday:

thommoos

Reaction score
Southern Balancers

Male- Born 1/29/2015 Gelbveih sire AMBGV1247060a straight forward by jbob grandson, dam- beefmaster c949637 -CJ Bubba by Magic Pride Grand daughter

Southern_pride.jpg

Southern_pride_b.jpg

female born 3/8/2015 Gelbveih sire AMBGV1247060a straight forward by jbob grandson, dam- beemfaster c1017865-

Southern_Star.jpg

Stouthern_star_b.jpg

I like the heifer better.

As for the bull calf, hard to tell from that pic but perhaps get another better pic?

I like them. Ive got 25 or 30 southern balancers on the ground at the moment. tried it before, and they literally looked like beefalo. Same cows, different bull, and I like these. Ive weaned a few, and they are weighing up pretty heavy at 7 months old.

I like the heifer better than the bull as well, though the pic isn't great, he doesn't seem to have much of a chest.

Nesikep":26ysv66o said:
I like the heifer better than the bull as well, though the pic isn't great, he doesn't seem to have much of a chest.
Or azz, this pic made him looks like he has no azz.

TexasBred":36he74b5 said:
Get some better pictures. ( That's code for "they all look like shyt" in these pics) ;-)

Jury is out, if they looked like shyt they would tell me, I just could not get that Iphone to shoot right. the pictures look bleached out. I wish some had tips for taking the best shots

thommoos":19fbmgu7 said:
TexasBred":19fbmgu7 said:
Get some better pictures. ( That's code for "they all look like shyt" in these pics) ;-)

Jury is out, if they looked like shyt they would tell me, I just could not get that Iphone to shoot right. the pictures look bleached out. I wish some had tips for taking the best shots
Me too....everyone I take looks awful.

Take a full side shot. Make sure the back leg on your side is stepped back and not forward in front of the other back leg. Wait until the calf is looking forward, not head forward, but actually looking forward at something. If they look at you, from the side, it makes them look big headed and makes their body look small.

I would take that heifer all day...

As for the bull, looks like a lot of sheath for an animal that is only about 25% Brahman.

I always thought a Balancer was 50/50 Gelb/Angus and that a southern balancer was Gelb/Brangus or the other way around...or some variation of that.

So Beefmaster is now included? Are any other brahman influenced breed like Simbrah, Gert, etc..included in that mix?

Nesikep":1c2ksjxo said:
TB, I don't think I've ever seen you post a pic..
I did long ago Nesi. Just don't have anything new to post.

Here you go Nesi...a pic of grandma quite a few years ago. I believe she was a 1996 model. Click on the pic to make it larger.

insurman":e03c9w07 said:
I would take that heifer all day...

As for the bull, looks like a lot of sheath for an animal that is only about 25% Brahman.

I always thought a Balancer was 50/50 Gelb/Angus and that a southern balancer was Gelb/Brangus or the other way around...or some variation of that.

So Beefmaster is now included? Are any other brahman influenced breed like Simbrah, Gert, etc..included in that mix?

I have another heifer like her but solid black, Both I am going to sell private treaty some how. the bull has probably a 100 lbs on the others. he just turn 6 months old.

According to Gelbvieh a brahma influence animal. must be registered, not just Brangus. Mine striaght beefmaster mommas, that heifer is out of a first timer
0543.JPG

grandmother
053.JPG

Bull calf
IMG_2298.JPG

Latest posts