Young Angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
This is an 11 month old purebred but not registered Angus bull. He is sired by our PA Power Tool x HA Image Maker bull, and his dam is a daughter of Sydgen CC&7 out of DHD Traveler 6807 cow.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Get a better camera, preferably not one that doubles as a phone. Capturing good pictures of livestock is difficult even for pros.

Case in point, Ole Lim.

Lim takes a pretty good picture there looks like. I'll just have to make do with the outdated phone camera for a while. I'm not a pro at anything just enjoy cattle and get a few pictures if something seems interesting to me.

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Get a better camera, preferably not one that doubles as a phone. Capturing good pictures of livestock is difficult even for pros.

Case in point, Ole Lim.

Lim takes a pretty good picture there looks like. I'll just have to make do with the outdated phone camera for a while. I'm not a pro at anything just enjoy cattle and get a few pictures if something seems interesting to me.

Lim came from a good farm. He's been a terrific bull.

Nice bull with some hair issues.. I can tell it is coming off, just now quickly enough. Nice bull otherwise. Pictures are hard.

Genetics mostly, sometimes environment causes slow hair shedding. Also a high end wormer like Valbasen can help with hair shedding.

http://blog.steakgenomics.org/2020/...=Feed:+ASteakInGenomics+(A+Steak+in+Genomics)

This is an article and the link is contained for the research paper. Young animals shed slower than older animals. It does not make them bad cattle if they function properly. In years to come they will be better shedding. I've read some of the research article and will finish when I have time. A good start to help folks find decent fescue cattle that can be produced cheaper and easier on the prevalent forages of their area. Or you can make it hard and expensive.

Ebenezer said:
http://blog.steakgenomics.org/2020/...=Feed:+ASteakInGenomics+(A+Steak+in+Genomics)

This is an article and the link is contained for the research paper. Young animals shed slower than older animals. It does not make them bad cattle if they function properly. In years to come they will be better shedding. I've read some of the research article and will finish when I have time. A good start to help folks find decent fescue cattle that can be produced cheaper and easier on the prevalent forages of their area. Or you can make it hard and expensive.

Thanks, very interesting read.

Latest posts