YES!!! The ex-cop, cop-killer in CA is down.

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I will be very interested to see if LAPD actually does re-open Dorner's LAPD issues/firing, but I am so glad he is now out/done/gone. What he did was no rational response to his complaints. (And, I've thought for days . . . Mexico? Canada? We're along the path to Canada . . . . Craaaaap.)

I think there is a lot more to the story than the government news is letting out. I think the way he handled this was horrible . But I also think there is more to it . The way lapd shot up those innocent people and their vehicles just because they look the same is disturbing . The officers involved need to be tried for attempted murder . I'm tired of police being put on a pedestal . They are human just like the rest of us . They need to be held accountable .

JSCATTLE":16o70ouh said:
I think there is a lot more to the story than the government news is letting out. I think the way he handled this was horrible . But I also think there is more to it . The way lapd shot up those innocent people and their vehicles just because they look the same is disturbing . The officers involved need to be tried for attempted murder . I'm tired of police being put on a pedestal . They are human just like the rest of us . They need to be held accountable .
I agree that knee-jerk things were done by L.E. people when it was clear that L.E. people were targeted. That wasn't right. No doubt in my little mind that this whole thing will get lots of press, there will be many requests for documents by media via PDR rules. But in the end, what that guy did over the last couple of weeks was not justified.

His justification went out the window when he murdered.
But something smells rotten here, might not be as well.
LAPD sure seemed to want him dead vesus captured, dead men tell no tales.
After Waco I have a very skeptical view of anything the Feds are involved in.

It's only because of blind dumb luck and poor marksmanship, that LAPD hasn't killed some innocent people in relation to this case.

Caustic Burno":33tsilcn said:

I totally agree. Some police act like they can do no wrong. Had a buddy of mine get stopped on Interstate 35, because they THOUGHT he was a suspect in a robbery in OKC. They ransacked his car, opened up all his Christmas present, tore out his car seats, then got the call they had the wrong person. They took off down the highway and left him standing there .. everything in a mess.

Caustic Burno":2d0dp09b said:

LAPD has a very sketchy reputation and it would have been better if this guy could tell his story from a cell.
No sane person would leave him on the loose to kill more people, but he became a bit of a "Rambo" figure and so we'll be hearing about this 50 years from now.

Why was the LAPD in San Bernardino county? Shouldn't San Bernardino County Sherrifs Dept. and CHP be in charge with LAPD just on scene to watch? He needed killing for killing that daughter and her husband of the cop but I think there is more to the story.

I'd be willing to bet that no other agency wanted anything to do with this one. "you started it, you finish it" is kind of the way things work in law enforcement out here.
Plus, CHP isn't like state police the way most folks outside of CA are used to seeing. Most of them are traffic cops only and they really never get involved in law enforcement beyond that.

JSCATTLE":5b2ccpai said:
I agree.

The whole thing, start to finish was a big mess. Cops were targeted, and cops got trigger happy, as probably all of us might be if we felt we were prey. Yes, they should have exercised more restraint in looking at suspicious rigs. There will be questions on the burning of the cabin he was in: Accidental ignition or deliberate? This will go on for a long time. Still, I'm relieved he is burned up and gone.

The boy is crazy, I read 3/4ths of his manifesto but couldn't finish it. He has justified violence in his mind for lesser compariable crimes, multiple times in the past. He seems like a lot of psychopaths- the world is against them and he is focused on himself and not worried as much about the people around him- i.e. killing the officer's kid. Why not just go after the officer he had a problem with?

Every work place has some issue, people are people. So he probably is correct to some degree, or maybe a very large degree- it happens. As has been shown on here, farmers don't like farmers talking bad about the industry, expect the same to apply to police officers- especially with all the liablity that can occur. You also have to figure that living in LA, they have got to get tired of dealing with idiots day in and day out. Not justifying any mis-treatment, but I can sure see it happening. I would have to take 10 about 50 times a day. By the time that was over, it would be time to go home.

The guy sure didn't do his cause any good. They claim he started making statements only after he was let go. True or not??

He sure wasn't in his right mind when he placed his threats on facebook before he even got started with his shootings. That pretty much summed up his ability to move freely once the authorities read that.

So my speculation is that he is 80-85% percent short of six pack and there is 15-20% chance of serious issues in the department.

Even with high intensity fires of cremation, I believe there is generally some bone present, something ain't right with this. Kathy, keep an eye out, your ear to the ground and your head low. :hide:

Even with high intensity fires of cremation, I believe there is generally some bone present, something ain't right with this. Kathy, keep an eye out, your ear to the ground and your head low.

Thx for your cautions. I think all you said, CommercialFarmer, was pretty accurate. This guy was or became a nut case, a narcissistic personality, and he would be able (in his mind) to justify all his actions that blamed his issues on others. They will identify that body in that burned out cabin as his. Maybe or maybe not . . . .LAPD will re-investigate his complaints or make the existent file public. But that file doesn't really make a single bit of difference vs. his actions.

Kathie in Thorp":2cth4kq4 said:
Even with high intensity fires of cremation, I believe there is generally some bone present, something ain't right with this. Kathy, keep an eye out, your ear to the ground and your head low.

Thx for your cautions. I think all you said, CommercialFarmer, was pretty accurate. This guy was or became a nut case, a narcissistic personality, and he would be able (in his mind) to justify all his actions that blamed his issues on others. They will identify that body in that burned out cabin as his. Maybe or maybe not . . . .LAPD will re-investigate his complaints or make the existent file public. But that file doesn't really make a single bit of difference vs. his actions.
Not in his actions certainly, but in the bigger scheme of things that file and others like it has the potential to make a HUGE difference in things.
The public will see whatever file LAPD is comfortable with and then it will go back into a box------------till the next time. LAPD will investigate only far enough to say they did--and nothing within LAPD will change---Again.

In the big scheme of things, as bad as this event was, they tend to get bigger each flare up. Buzzards always go home to roost.

Latest posts