WOW! Grandpa must have been Hindu

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Got a chuckle out of this article. Just goes to show not everyone thinks like we do. To each their own.

When nature calls, the 26-year-old single mother and her four children head toward the jungle next to their farm of red and pink roses, to a field of tall grass, flecked with petals, where the 7,000 people of her village go to defecate and exchange gossip.

Only dalits, the lowest Hindu caste, should be exposed to excrement in a closed space, "or city-dwellers who don't have space to go in the open," said Sunita, who uses one name, as she washed clothes next to the concrete latrine. "Feces don't belong under the same roof as where we eat and sleep."

Grandpa said about the same thing when my dad and uncles put a commode in his home after his stroke. To be honest, I think his words were, "ain't nobody gonna shyt in my house".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-0 ... -them.html

I agree. One comedian made a good skit about we all going outside to eat and inside to use bathroom when it used to be the reverse. It was hilarious when he described it.

I'm sure our area wasn't much different than other rural areas, because I remember older folks making similar comments about shytting in the house. My grand parents still used an outhouse until about 2003. As far as I know, they never used the bathroom at our house when visiting. The family bought them a mobile home, had a well drilled and septic installed. It sat empty for a couple years before they made the decision. It was a bittersweet time for everybody. They had gotten to the point where they could not keep wood up and in the stove, and were too proud to have help. I cut all the wood for the wood heater and cook stove the last couple years. That cook stove wood is a chore. It was the first time they had indoor plumbing. I still remember my aunt giving granny instructions on how to use the washing machine and dishwasher, etc. She never did use the dishwasher, and complained the washing machine did not get the clothes clean. I still take my kids, and soon my grand kids to the old house, spring, outhouse, woodshed, and grand dads shop to explain how they lived.

Ouachita":1nt29tdw said:
I still take my kids, and soon my grand kids to the old house, spring, outhouse, woodshed, and grand dads shop to explain how they lived.

Its good you do that.

I used to use the outhouse at my Grandparents place all the time. They kept it even after they got an indoor toilet. The shower was still outside.

I've never had an automatic dishwasher.

Katherine

We lived in town with inside plumbing but spent a lot of time at the grandparents with an outhouse. Best I remember taking a dump in an inside bowl with water in it was much better than that outhouse on a cold windy December night.

We had an outhouse but I almost never used it. I always went to the barn or out in the pasture. I didn't like sitting on a hole where you couldn't see under it. I always imagined red wasps, yellow jackets or scorpions on the bottom side of the board. By the way, when going to the barn there is a procedure. You use two red cobs and one white cob. You wipe with one red cob, then check with the white one to see if you need the other red one. Oh yea, be careful of the shinny pages in the Sears and Roebuck catalog.

lavacarancher":1ktvrdwo said:
Oh yea, be careful of the shinny pages in the Sears and Roebuck catalog.

If you are in a real bind you can use a dollar. TB is an aggie; 3 quarters, two dimes, and a nickel is not what I am referring to.

Latest posts