With stories like this why does someone do meth

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":2pqrznpq said:
backhoeboogie":2pqrznpq said:
Meth is ruining a whole lot of lives. It is a very lucrative enterprise that is not much different than alcohol was in the prohibition days. Supply and demand are always factors that influence availability of anything.

The playing field is not level. My daughter went to prison for a year and a half for possession of $10 worth. Kids in the cities get 6 months for manufacture.

I have sat in celebrate recorvery sessions and listened. I have listened intently to many. Everyone of the addicts had a story. There is no common thread as to why each chose the path they chose. Successful people make the mistake. Losers make the mistake. Wealthy and poor. Beautiful and not so beautiful people. There is no common thread, only a common problem.

My daughter did her time. She has been clean. Taking drug tests weekly. She's been on the wagon for 2 1/2 years now. Doing all the right things. Now she faces federal charges for "conspiracy" coming out of a drug task force investigation. The "conspiracy" charges span from 2011 up until March of 2014. 3 years of that time she was in state custoday or in their program. You cannot claim double jeopardy because the feds level a different charge.

A drug task force sounds like they are doing good if they net 50 arrests. 250 sound even better. If you have a previous possession charge, you are toast.

I have written long posts before. Meth is terrible. Has wrecked lives, marriages, and families. I am living proof and I have never touched the stuff.

As of now I am paying over $1,000 a month in daycare and raising two wonderful grandsons. I had not planned on this at my age. Forget the cost, think of the energy it takes. Baseball practice, basketball practice, school functions..............

The boys do not understand why they don't have a dad to do things with. I tell them they have me. I was married 33 years to their grandmother. They don't understand that either.

If you are an atheist, I don't wish this on you. Nor do I wish it on anyone else.

Mostly just blessed that I am able to give those two boys a life. Really glad my new wife is embracing it with me.

I hope none of you walk a mile in these shoes.

bhb: I lack your up close and personal perspective. All I know is that it is wrecking society around here.

I raised that daughter. Raised her right. When she was on meth, I have no idea who she was. She was no longer the kid I knew.

That is what meth does. Kids steal from their loved ones to get a fix and then hate themselves for it, if they are caring at all.

I did not lose her to suicide. Friends have lost theirs.

I now have hope. At one point, all hope was lost for this kid.

I truly hope you never have first hand knowledge.

I have never understood why people do harm to their bodies willingly. Only thing that comes to mind is this :

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Not all but many of these folks addicted to the various drugs are simply a result of just one very brief moment of weakness...not even an entire second and it's done....then gets progressively worse from there.

I've never tried to convert an athiest or non-believer. I've visited with them, answered questions but I can do no more.

TexasBred":3k1zw8ev said:
I've never tried to convert an athiest or non-believer. I've visited with them, answered questions but I can do no more.

I have done what you have but there is one more thing you can do. You can pray for them. Probably not in their presence, as a lot of them will take offence to this. But I certainly have prayed for people I know who are atheist. They need our prayers as much or more than the believers.

Dave":15tnfl7c said:
TexasBred":15tnfl7c said:

I have done what you have but there is one more thing you can do. You can pray for them. Probably not in their presence, as a lot of them will take offence to this. But I certainly have prayed for people I know who are atheist. They need our prayers as much or more than the believers.
Of course but the conversion comes from the God.

TexasBred":1gwmju2r said:

I don't know about trying to convert an atheist, I am reasonably sure I've never done it. Like you I will try to answer questions. I do have one warning and that is that I am absolutely sure that he!! will be full of people smarter than I am.

Larry

larryshoat":3it7hslz said:
TexasBred":3it7hslz said:

I don't know about trying to convert an atheist, I am reasonably sure I've never done it. Like you I will try to answer questions. I do have one warning and that is that I am absolutely sure that he!! will be full of people smarter than I am.

Larry
Larry, thanks. And I wanted to say you are correct that a person could be presented as an eyewitness to the sighting of Satan in physical form. Further, there is a high probability in a group
Of 12 jurors than some would accept their assertion as credible. My story on the Cessation Order was not in conflict with that. It only reminded me of that story. I should have said you are correct on that point!

inyati13":2t56cida said:
larryshoat":2t56cida said:
inyati13":2t56cida said:
Larry, explain that to me. I think of physical as having 3 dimensions. Having weight. Something that one can put their hands on; feel it, taste it, smell it, etc. Have you had Satan take you by the hand? Is he flesh? Is he inorganic? My whole life I have sought this kind of proof. It would change my life if evidence of a "physical" state for a divinity or Satan could be demonstrated. Thank you in advance. I know this appears as a joke knowing me but I would ask you to take it serious. I will confess in the interest of full disclosure that I am skeptical.

The electricity at your wall outlets does not have 3 dimensions (that we can see anyway), we can't see it, smell it, taste it. The love that a parent has for a child, at it's origin, we can't see it, it doesn't have weight, but yet I believe it to be the most powerful force on earth. A 90lb woman will fight a bear trying to save her child, is that logical, does it make sense? Obviously I can't prove a physical Satan anymore than I can prove the electricity in the wall socket, or prove the love that a parent has for a child, but we can easily see the outcome of the application of electricity, the love of a parent, and I believe the evil of Satan.

I hope this helps a little ,thanks for taking the time to think about it.

Larry

Larry, electricity is the flow of electrons. Electrons are matter. They are constituents of atoms. Matter is physical. Love is not physical, it is an emotion.

The proof of the "physical" presence of Satan has not been demonstrated to the degree that we usually hold to be proof such that it would convence 12 jurors. Like God, it is faith based. Now and then there are claims of someone seeing God or Satan, but no one has produced evidence.

Ron,

You've always seemed quite sincere with your questions and positions on this type of topic, so I'll throw this out for you to chew on as a one time post. I'm interested in your reply if you have one, but as stated I will leave it at that.

Love is considered by many to have a chemical manifestation in the synapses of the brain, therefor it would be considered to have a physical presence. But what is physical?

We predominately define the world around us by the 5 senses that we have and the language we collectively use- this seems rather limiting to me. I can't help but think that an avalanche of information is under our finger tips, that we can't appreciate because we don't possess the senses to even know it exists. Our human bodies are so finite. We can't know, what isn't known and therefor we all make decisions based on beliefs. I marvel at the creativity of our physical world and how it was all created from 3 basic atomic particles (protons, electrons, and neutrons) and the differences in all matter is just due to variances in the numbers of these particles. It feels like a physical world, but in reality it's all energy and in various states of stability. But by simply using any or all of my 5 senses, I wouldn't know this.

When I contemplate your question, I see it is ultimately a catch 22. And more accurately, it is a question of perspective, ultimately as stated above, a belief. By observing natural law, one cannot disprove that God or Satan exists, if God and Satan are supernatural. In addition, if you were to observe an act of God on our physical world by a natural venue, and you do not believe He exists, would you not explain it away by natural means?

Perspective matters in how you interpret what information you receive. What if the hand of God reaches into our world daily, but we don't recognize it because we don't have the right perspective? The same question for physical presence of evil. Does that mean it wasn't there?

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/hand-of-god- ... -into-sea/

I've contemplated the following several times in my own mind... how would an intellectually limited person not be at a created and unfair disadvantage if understanding the existence of God was an intellectual problem to be mastered by each. That isn't consistent with being just.

The fact that a mere child can believe in His existence and quite possibly be the greater believer makes sense to me, that through belief we are all given the same opportunity. Not an ability to know, but an ability to believe. A fairness that exists for the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor. The most intellectual of scholars and the unschooled.

Just my thoughts from a wandering mind.

I had a roommate one time that was an engineer from Mich. He was atheist and would argue with anyone until the cows came home that if God was real prove it. Show him God or proof he was real. Most of our friends were Christian's, but not in church every Sunday. None of us could show him enough evidence to change his mind. He compared the bible and Jesus to a story like Santa clause. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever been around, he wasn't a devil worshiper or anything like that. His mind was just closed to only physical things, if he couldn't touch it it wasn't real to him.

Latest posts