With stories like this why does someone do meth

Help Support CattleToday:

It's simple Jed, from the first time they try it Satan takes them by the hand and promises "I will make you feel like this forever", it's a promise he soon goes back on. Since the world on the whole really doesn't believe in a physical devil, he has free rein. Is it not the same lie he used in the garden? 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die. Is it not the exact same lie? Why would he change it, it works so well.

To parents, please read what I've just written and think about it. A physical devil roams this world and he wants to devour your child, don't let him.

Larry

Because the drugs they are already taking no longer give them the high they cannot live without. So go to a more stronger one, then a stronger one and take more and more.

Larry you have a good point, but like I said I just can't understand it.
Chris a lot of the ones here do it first. Also now they are injecting OxyContin. Do it wrong and they are dead right then.

larryshoat":1rctrfw4 said:
It's simple Jed, from the first time they try it Satan takes them by the hand and promises "I will make you feel like this forever", it's a promise he soon goes back on. Since the world on the whole really doesn't believe in a physical devil, he has free rein. Is it not the same lie he used in the garden? 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die. Is it not the exact same lie? Why would he change it, it works so well.

To parents, please read what I've just written and think about it. A physical devil roams this world and he wants to devour your child, don't let him.

Larry
Larry speaks true.

larryshoat":j6yjxj1u said:

Larry

Larry, explain that to me. I think of physical as having 3 dimensions. Having weight. Something that one can put their hands on; feel it, taste it, smell it, etc. Have you had Satan take you by the hand? Is he flesh? Is he inorganic? My whole life I have sought this kind of proof. It would change my life if evidence of a "physical" state for a divinity or Satan could be demonstrated. Thank you in advance. I know this appears as a joke knowing me but I would ask you to take it serious. I will confess in the interest of full disclosure that I am skeptical.

Ron,

physical example that quickly occurs to me....
the Holocaust
how could that be anything but a manifestation of evil?

repeated incidents of genocide in African countries....the culture in power attempting to erase the other cultures. hatred and evil.

I understand the argument that things like this are at the hands of man....but sometimes man is just the face of evil....

I know evil exists in the world....the news is full of it almost every day....
mass murders
terrorist bombings
true hate crimes....

inyati13":3w26lgo3 said:
larryshoat":3w26lgo3 said:

Larry

Larry, explain that to me. I think of physical as having 3 dimensions. Having weight. Something that one can put their hands on; feel it, taste it, smell it, etc. Have you had Satan take you by the hand? Is he flesh? Is he inorganic? My whole life I have sought this kind of proof. It would change my life if evidence of a "physical" state for a divinity or Satan could be demonstrated. Thank you in advance. I know this appears as a joke knowing me but I would ask you to take it serious. I will confess in the interest of full disclosure that I am skeptical.

The electricity at your wall outlets does not have 3 dimensions (that we can see anyway), we can't see it, smell it, taste it. The love that a parent has for a child, at it's origin, we can't see it, it doesn't have weight, but yet I believe it to be the most powerful force on earth. A 90lb woman will fight a bear trying to save her child, is that logical, does it make sense? Obviously I can't prove a physical Satan anymore than I can prove the electricity in the wall socket, or prove the love that a parent has for a child, but we can easily see the outcome of the application of electricity, the love of a parent, and I believe the evil of Satan.

I hope this helps a little ,thanks for taking the time to think about it.

Larry

pdfangus":63le8mdn said:
Ron,

physical example that quickly occurs to me....
the Holocaust
how could that be anything but a manifestation of evil?

repeated incidents of genocide in African countries....the culture in power attempting to erase the other cultures. hatred and evil.

I understand the argument that things like this are at the hands of man....but sometimes man is just the face of evil....

I know evil exists in the world....the news is full of it almost every day....
mass murders
terrorist bombings
true hate crimes....

Ok, what you and Larry may be saying is that there is physical evidence of Satan's activities. For example, a shooting at a mall. The shooting is the "physical" evidence of his actions. But is it then fair to punish the party that did the shooting if it was Satan's actions. That is of course a rhetorical statement and does not warrant a response because we all know better. The shooter is going to be prosecuted.

Back on topic: What about "physical" evidence for the actual Satan? I may have read too much into what Larry was saying.

larryshoat":316rxmzs said:
inyati13":316rxmzs said:
larryshoat":316rxmzs said:

Larry

The electricity at your wall outlets does not have 3 dimensions (that we can see anyway), we can't see it, smell it, taste it. The love that a parent has for a child, at it's origin, we can't see it, it doesn't have weight, but yet I believe it to be the most powerful force on earth. A 90lb woman will fight a bear trying to save her child, is that logical, does it make sense? Obviously I can't prove a physical Satan anymore than I can prove the electricity in the wall socket, or prove the love that a parent has for a child, but we can easily see the outcome of the application of electricity, the love of a parent, and I believe the evil of Satan.

I hope this helps a little ,thanks for taking the time to think about it.

Larry

Larry, electricity is the flow of electrons. Electrons are matter. They are constituents of atoms. Matter is physical. Love is not physical, it is an emotion.

The proof of the "physical" presence of Satan has not been demonstrated to the degree that we usually hold to be proof such that it would convence 12 jurors. Like God, it is faith based. Now and then there are claims of someone seeing God or Satan, but no one has produced evidence.

Life is a battle inside each one of us between good and evil......

most of us have a basic understanding of the differences instilled in us by worthy parents and social conventions....not all but most of us....

every day we all have decisions involving morals and ethics and right and wrong and relative costs and benefits.....

the societal mores ingrained in us help us to make these decisions.....so there is a strong element of culture.

But the culture dictates what is right and what is wrong.....

the individual then makes decisions on which path to take...influenced by the ingrained standards....and the pressures of good and evil.....perhaps the standards were flawed or biased toward self benefit....perhaps the individual character has serious flaws....

but people or groups who violate all laws and morality.....are evil.....or influenced by evil....or lack of good.....

pdfangus":3bif117a said:

most of us have a basic understanding of the differences instilled in us by worthy parents and social conventions....not all but most of us....

every day we all have decisions involving morals and ethics and right and wrong and relative costs and benefits.....

the societal mores ingrained in us help us to make these decisions.....so there is a strong element of culture.

the individual then makes decisions on which path to take...influenced by the ingrained standards....and the pressures of good and evil.....perhaps the standards were flawed or biased toward self benefit....perhaps the individual character has serious flaws....

but people or groups who violate all laws and morality.....are evil.....or influenced by evil....or lack of good.....

Life can be difficult. More difficult for some than others. I have been fortunate. I was raised decent even though it wasn't perfect. My dad and I had some bad years but thank the forces of the Universe, he and I healed before he past away. My farm and cattle provided the powerful medicine for our final relationship.

I see an explosion in the use of drugs. Life in rural KY is hard. Not many are doing well. The grind of daily survival is the incentive to turn to some form of escape. Alcohol, drugs, etc.

inyati13":2jf7s81f said:
The proof of the "physical" presence of Satan has not been demonstrated to the degree that we usually hold to be proof such that it would convence 12 jurors. Like God, it is faith based. Now and then there are claims of someone seeing God or Satan, but no one has produced evidence.
Inyati, knowing how you feel about God, Satan, etc. I'm pretty certain that the only thing that will ever cause you "believe" is for this happen to you some day. Let's pray it happens sooner than later. ;-) And remember 'God is Spirit".

I see an explosion in the use of drugs. Life in rural KY is hard. Not many are doing well. The grind of daily survival is the incentive to turn to some form of escape. Alcohol, drugs, etc.

poor decisions, based on poor influences....choices between good and evil.....

I believe in personal liberty and personal responsibility.....you have freedom to make choices...even bad ones....and the outcome is on you....
good and evil are concepts and you can choose good or evil....but there has to be some underlying understanding of what is good and what is evil....

a bull who kills me is not necessarily evil....
a man who kills me because I attacked him or his family is not necessarily evil...
a man who kills me because he wants my money or my blood or for sport is in my opinion evil....and influenced by evil....

I think deep in my heart that B.H. Obamma is evil.....he has a polished façade of goodness but the evil shines through when ever the patina is marred....

inyati13":25eas4ka said:
pdfangus":25eas4ka said:

Life can be difficult. More difficult for some than others. I have been fortunate. I was raised decent even though it wasn't perfect. My dad and I had some bad years but thank the forces of the Universe, he and I healed before he past away. My farm and cattle provided the powerful medicine for our final relationship.

Some might say that you were fortunate because you made good choices based on a good foundation.
Though I know you are not a believer, I think that you still have benefitted by being raised by parents who were.

inyati13":vevj0hzv said:
Larry, electricity is the flow of electrons. Electrons are matter. They are constituents of atoms. Matter is physical. Love is not physical, it is an emotion.

Ron can you take a piece of wire and prove to a jury of 12 that those electrons are in it or not in it whichever the case may be? The electrons are only a theory proven by the evidence, just like Satan is a theory proven by evidence.

In a courtroom an eye witness would not be evidence to a jury of 12?

Larry

larryshoat":22kq04v4 said:
inyati13":22kq04v4 said:

Ron can you take a piece of wire and prove to a jury of 12 that those electrons are in it or not in it whichever the case may be? The electrons are only a theory proven by the evidence, just like Satan is a theory proven by evidence.

In a courtroom an eye witness would not be evidence to a jury of 12?

Larry
Larry electons have mass and their properties have been described. I won't bore you with the facts. Look up electron and you will see knowledge of electrons have gone far beyond the theory stage. It would be easy picking for a physist to prove electricity in a courtroom.

In regard to eyewitness, it depends on the credibility of the witness. If you can present information attacking the credibility of the witness, an eyewitness is less credible than physical evidence. I can demonstrate this from a personal case I was the key party too. I issued a Cessation Order in 1979 that shut down an elite coal mine in Pike County KY. I had two eyewitness that testified against physical evidence I presented for the defense of the Cessation Order I issued. It was tried in Pikeville, KY before a federal Law Judge as a civil case. We lost. John Williams my counsel appealed it before the board of three federal Judges and they over turned the lower court judge and placed him on probabtion for a miscarriage of justice. They said because of the bias in the eye witnesses, the physical evidence by law should have been used to decide the case. Which gives me an idea for another one of my stories. Chuckie has wanted another one so this one would be a good one.

Meth is ruining a whole lot of lives. It is a very lucrative enterprise that is not much different than alcohol was in the prohibition days. Supply and demand are always factors that influence availability of anything.

The playing field is not level. My daughter went to prison for a year and a half for possession of $10 worth. Kids in the cities get 6 months for manufacture.

I have sat in celebrate recorvery sessions and listened. I have listened intently to many. Everyone of the addicts had a story. There is no common thread as to why each chose the path they chose. Successful people make the mistake. Losers make the mistake. Wealthy and poor. Beautiful and not so beautiful people. There is no common thread, only a common problem.

My daughter did her time. She has been clean. Taking drug tests weekly. She's been on the wagon for 2 1/2 years now. Doing all the right things. Now she faces federal charges for "conspiracy" coming out of a drug task force investigation. The "conspiracy" charges span from 2011 up until March of 2014. 3 years of that time she was in state custoday or in their program. You cannot claim double jeopardy because the feds level a different charge.

A drug task force sounds like they are doing good if they net 50 arrests. 250 sound even better. If you have a previous possession charge, you are toast.

I have written long posts before. Meth is terrible. Has wrecked lives, marriages, and families. I am living proof and I have never touched the stuff.

As of now I am paying over $1,000 a month in daycare and raising two wonderful grandsons. I had not planned on this at my age. Forget the cost, think of the energy it takes. Baseball practice, basketball practice, school functions..............

The boys do not understand why they don't have a dad to do things with. I tell them they have me. I was married 33 years to their grandmother. They don't understand that either.

If you are an atheist, I don't wish this on you. Nor do I wish it on anyone else.

Mostly just blessed that I am able to give those two boys a life. Really glad my new wife is embracing it with me.

I hope none of you walk a mile in these shoes.

backhoeboogie":ovpy8v24 said:
Meth is ruining a whole lot of lives. It is a very lucrative enterprise that is not much different than alcohol was in the prohibition days. Supply and demand are always factors that influence availability of anything.

The playing field is not level. My daughter went to prison for a year and a half for possession of $10 worth. Kids in the cities get 6 months for manufacture.

I have sat in celebrate recorvery sessions and listened. I have listened intently to many. Everyone of the addicts had a story. There is no common thread as to why each chose the path they chose. Successful people make the mistake. Losers make the mistake. Wealthy and poor. Beautiful and not so beautiful people. There is no common thread, only a common problem.

My daughter did her time. She has been clean. Taking drug tests weekly. She's been on the wagon for 2 1/2 years now. Doing all the right things. Now she faces federal charges for "conspiracy" coming out of a drug task force investigation. The "conspiracy" charges span from 2011 up until March of 2014. 3 years of that time she was in state custoday or in their program. You cannot claim double jeopardy because the feds level a different charge.

A drug task force sounds like they are doing good if they net 50 arrests. 250 sound even better. If you have a previous possession charge, you are toast.

I have written long posts before. Meth is terrible. Has wrecked lives, marriages, and families. I am living proof and I have never touched the stuff.

As of now I am paying over $1,000 a month in daycare and raising two wonderful grandsons. I had not planned on this at my age. Forget the cost, think of the energy it takes. Baseball practice, basketball practice, school functions..............

The boys do not understand why they don't have a dad to do things with. I tell them they have me. I was married 33 years to their grandmother. They don't understand that either.

If you are an atheist, I don't wish this on you. Nor do I wish it on anyone else.

Mostly just blessed that I am able to give those two boys a life. Really glad my new wife is embracing it with me.

I hope none of you walk a mile in these shoes.

bhb: I lack your up close and personal perspective. All I know is that it is wrecking society around here.

inyati13":2h5duyx1 said:
larryshoat":2h5duyx1 said:

Larry

"I think..."
There, is the problem.
I very very rarely see anyone post about converting people from non-believer status to believer status, but there's never a shortage of non-believers who take each and every opportunity to assail religion and the belief thereof.
Wonder why that is?
(we already know the answer to that)

Latest posts