wildebeast MCF found in texas cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC":vauzci7u said:
Brandonm22":vauzci7u said:
Yes, I probably should have included Cow Creek and many others. Mentally, I wanted too include Twin Valley Angus; but I remember that they sold out.

Brandon, Some of the ones you listed have downsized dramatically.

Some I don't look to be in business but a couple more years.

As many cows as have left the state of Alabama in the last 20 years (pine trees and hunting clubs require less mgmt than cattle farms) if these trends continue there won't be a whole lot of seedstock sold in the state in the future.

there is more to this than meets the eye. There is more dialoge on this issue in the cattle sales folder that has more info. This was just a small peice of straw that broke the back. there were lots of straw on the back, it got weak, and this is the result. This is just a small portion of the reason to dispearse. Maybe some info on the other thread will help

MikeC":35xeas3o said:
Brandonm22":35xeas3o said:
Yes, I probably should have included Cow Creek and many others. Mentally, I wanted too include Twin Valley Angus; but I remember that they sold out.

is debter's one of em?

ALACOWMAN":3akxvsxa said:
MikeC":3akxvsxa said:
Brandonm22":3akxvsxa said:

is debter's one of em?

Not that I know of.

Debters averaged over $3000 a head at their last couple of bull sales (for the Herfs). They are one of the stronger commercial bull sellers in the Hereford breed and doesn't really have ANY competition locally. Grey Rocks has suffered as Gerts have suffered and Ann Upchurch has been dead for years. The estate just keeps keeping on. I don't follow Chars closely; but have met Buck Compton and Harold Pate a few times over the years. I still see their ads in the Char directory; but both men have to be getting up there in years. With the return of the 50% death tax, I don't know how many larger ranches will out live their primary owner.

Latest posts