Why Room Temperature Watermelon Is Better for You

Help Support CattleToday:

Williamsv

Reaction score
Question came up on here last summer about which do you like better room temp. watermelon or chilled. I found the answer to why room temp. is better. It has 140% more antioxidant levels when left at room temp. It is not bad at room temp. Ate some yesterday, as I had to have lots of liquids before bloodwork today. It is much better chilled.
Information on antioxidant levels came from U. S. Dept. of Agriculture.

I love it any way I can get it. Prefer chilled though. I only eat the heart too Dash.

You know I was thinking a few weeks ago. Most people have never had a good watermelon. If you were raised like some of us in watermelon country and you've ever had a Crimson Sweet or a Jubilee then you know what a water melon is supposed to taste like. These new seedless melons aren't even in the same ballpark, IMO.

I like it any way I get it, heart only for me.

On a side note, dad told me they used to wrap one in burlap and bury under the house. Said they'd dig it up and have it around Christmas. Anyone ever heard of that?

LRTX1":1htzrbf7 said:
I like it any way I get it, heart only for me.

On a side note, dad told me they used to wrap one in burlap and bury under the house. Said they'd dig it up and have it around Christmas. Anyone ever heard of that?
My father said they used to bury one under a haystack and eat it Christmas.
I tried it and soon saw watermelon vines eaking their way away from the haystack. :(

Latest posts