I need a suggestion or 2 for a Christmas dish.

Help Support CattleToday:

I put my gravy in a tiny crock pot so it stays warm and the right consistency. CFS and grrravy yum. Merry Christmas to all of you.

That's how my wife cooks. Her signature dish. I really can't blame her though she didn't have much of a teacher, her mother had similar skills if not worse.

Ken
I feel your pain mine can burn water for coffee, her mother is definitely worse. She was living on tofu and microwaved chicken when I met her. Good woman but not a good cook.

I love my wife undisputedly but the truth is, she can't (actually can, but hates to) cook. That's ok since I can and I enjoy it. Back when I was working full time, she did cook, but most of it came out of a can or box. That's just the way she learned to do it. Decades ago, before I met her, I was a single parent with 4 kids so I HAD to learn how.

My wife is a good cook, and I like almost everything she makes, but she always seems to make it up as she goes along. When she makes something I really like, it will probably never be repeated.

To be fair, the same is true of the stuff I don't like as well.

My wife is a good cook, and I like almost everything she makes, but she always seems to make it up as she goes along. When she makes something I really like, it will probably never be repeated.

To be fair, the same is true of the stuff I don't like as well.
My wife does exactly the same thing. If I could get her to write down the concoctions she makes, we could enjoy them again.

My wife does exactly the same thing. If I could get her to write down the concoctions she makes, we could enjoy them again.
Keeps it interesting though.

I can imagine it now;
WOW, Honey, as I smoke a cigarette, exhausted, that was great! Never better. Could you write that down and refer to it next time.

Keeps it interesting though.

I can imagine it now;
WOW, Honey, as I smoke a cigarette, exhausted, that was great! Never better. Could you write that down and refer to it next time.
Everytime is like a snowflake, each one unique. Keeps it from getting boring. I cant cook the same thing twice either.