Best foods for a sour belly

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
I sit here at 3 in the morning, been up 3-4 times with bad stomach cramps and all that goes with it, I'm wondering what foods are your go to's in this situation? Saltines and Campbells chicken noodle soup, cream of wheat are mine. Gatorade to help rehydrate.

Give me some ideas, I'll need them tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Man, that's a rough way to spend the night! Old school yellow gatorade, coke/sprite, saltines, Campbell's noodle soup( chicken or beef) , slice of dry toast are standard protocol at our house.

I was up late participating in the same activity. Been a problem my whole life. Morning and nights.

Don't mean to be gross, is yours due to over active gut or too slow?
Overactive. I rarely get sick, or sleep past 5:30 in the morning but I did this time. It appears to be a quick recovery, I'm feeling much better already. Wife has it too, not as bad, so we must've caught a bug.

I've found for me that most stomach problems come from what I should not eat. Also I take a good Phillips brand probiotic daily that helps. When I eat a good diet I don't generally have much trouble, right now with the holidays and eating a lot of sweets my stomach does a lot of gurgling.

I've found for me that most stomach problems come from what I should not eat. Also I take a good Phillips brand probiotic daily that helps. When I eat a good diet I don't generally have much trouble, right now with the holidays and eating a lot of sweets my stomach does a lot of gurgling.
I'm not sure I'd be a fan of the probiotic specific for that, but I might be considering making yogurt a regular part of my diet. Personal experience: I've found that all yogurts are NOT equal. There are some brands/kinds that I really like, and others I can't stand.

Take it from someone who wishes they weren't an expert, get checked out if it persists!!
I understand that statement. Being good/an expert at something can often be depressing and actually lead someone to the opposite reaction of what most everyone has for a reaction. You end up being alarmed and depressed when everyone else is oohing and aweing. Can't be understood unless you have experienced it.

Our go to is lemon/ lime Gatorade, 7up,
Jello, saltine crackers, chicken soup, baked chicken.
My wife had a bout with something a few days ago, I made a late night grocery run for 7up.
Hope y'all get to feeling better soon.

I was a skeptic to put it lightly, but peppermint oil capsules can be a godsend. I have no idea why it works, but its damn near a miracle cure. Within an hour or so things start to straighten up. We've been buying Heathers capsules for several years now. A bottle lasts us nearly a year, it usually only takes one. Two when things are really bad.

Room temp gingerale... MAKE sure it is REAL gingerale... made with real ginger... ginger is a go to from way back forever for settling upset/queasy stomachs.
I take Elderberry capsules, and tart cherry also helps...

Latest posts