Why is this news?

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":1o0gy2li said:
Caustic Burno":1o0gy2li said:
JMJ Farms":1o0gy2li said:
That makes two of us boogie :nod:
X3 not much on the boob tube except the history channel.
When the younger grandkids are here you have to censor dang near everything. There is hardly a show on TV that Isn't pushing homosexual behavior.

You got that right CB. I can't stand that $hit. I don't know why they feel the need to include it on, as you say, "dang near everything"

I change the channel every time one comes on and usually quit watching the show. I end up watching a lot of Andy and Barney.

john250":k1e6iw1r said:
Interviewer to Eric Clapton: What is it like to be the world's best guitar player?
Clapton: I don't know, you'll have to ask Prince.

...or Jimi Hendrix, or Stevie Ray Vaughan.

TennesseeTuxedo":2g1dph3h said:
melking":2g1dph3h said:
greybeard":2g1dph3h said:
For a long time, I thought they were talking about Cardassians. I was disappointed when I found out otherwise.
http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/im ... 20x240.jpg

BTW, evidently, someone named Prince has died.

While he was not a George, Johnny, or Merle, Prince was a heII of a musician.

Never cared for him myself.

While I was never a big fan of his style of music, I can appreciate that he was an exceptional musician.

hillbilly beef man":1byiwc0a said:
I change the channel every time one comes on and usually quit watching the show. I end up watching a lot of Andy and Barney.

Me and you both. My kids love Andy. And I'm thankful for it. One of the few "decent" shows on tv.

I often wonder why a lot of things are news.

I was scrolling on the MSN page recently, and saw a story that read something like, "A Brief History of Presidential Candidates that ate Pizza With a Fork."

Wooooooooooow!!! Just the story to fill my empty spot for news. How interesting!!

Rafter S":2lddq9ak said:
john250":2lddq9ak said:
Interviewer to Eric Clapton: What is it like to be the world's best guitar player?
Clapton: I don't know, you'll have to ask Prince.

...or Jimi Hendrix, or Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Mark Knopfler!

Caustic Burno":3g3xxomz said:
JMJ Farms":3g3xxomz said:
backhoeboogie":3g3xxomz said:
I'd rather read posts from you folks than watch all that wannabe crap on television.

That makes two of us boogie :nod:
X3 not much on the boob tube except the history channel.
When the younger grandkids are here you have to censor dang near everything. There is hardly a show on TV that Isn't pushing homosexual behavior.
I was just telling my wife about that last part the other day, I also notice that more and more shows have muslim people in them

Hope I don't g t in trouble for this.....ripped it off Facebook.

Funniest thing I've seen in a while......

greybeard":36z2cusf said:

I don't think that's right. I think he was The artist formerly known as Prince.

But I think the appropriate way since his passing is to say, the former artist formerly known as Prince died. Someone might need to check my grammer to be sure.

1982vett":3tit29o1 said:
Hope I don't g t in trouble for this.....ripped it off Facebook.

Funniest thing I've seen in a while......

I laughed.

For those that the picture is too blurry, the fine print says something along the lines of: Kanye West was found alive in his apartment today.

john250":3jnhgobc said:
melking":3jnhgobc said:
greybeard":3jnhgobc said:
For a long time, I thought they were talking about Cardassians. I was disappointed when I found out otherwise.
http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/im ... 20x240.jpg

I had a vinyl copy of "1999". Great music.

He was a great musician and an interesting person. Supposedly had wicked basketball skills for a very short dude. He was definitely an icon for my generation.

Commercialfarmer":jw09i5va said:
greybeard":jw09i5va said:

But I think the appropriate way since his passing is to say, the former artist formerly known as Prince died. Someone might need to check my grammer to be sure.
Is that the guy that changed his name to
princelogo.gif
?

greybeard":dab0s7db said:
Commercialfarmer":dab0s7db said:
greybeard":dab0s7db said:

Is that the guy that changed his name to
princelogo.gif
?

I believe so. I guess that would make him the former artist formerly known as
princelogo.gif
after being known as Prince, but before being the artist formerly known as Prince.

Didn't he want to whip Weird Al once up on a time? Even sent a letter to everyone sitting in the section with him at the Grammies to not look at him.

boondocks":3n2kr7cv said:
john250":3n2kr7cv said:
melking":3n2kr7cv said:

I had a vinyl copy of "1999". Great music.

He was a great musician and an interesting person. Supposedly had wicked basketball skills for a very short dude. He was definitely an icon for my generation.

That would be my generation!
Shameless self-promotion: the oil company that leases our property names the wells after a song (I have no clue why). Evidently they like me so they named one of the wells Lil' Red Kevette - total cheap thrill being immortalized by a combo of fracking & Prince :)

Very nice, TC!
My grandmother was a Realtor and platted out a little rural subdivision once, from some acreage she'd gotten. She named it after me but the economy tanked around then, the local steel mill laid people off and no one bought any lots. It 'bout bankrupted her. Hope your namesake fares better!