Who's my mama?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ok, to answer a few questions first, the calf was the 19th heifer calf born. It is tattooed S19, but indeed, the calf IS tagged the same as the cow, so all of you that said choice #2 are right. The cow is (as far as I know) Limo x Angus, she has the red gene, and horns, and that is just the way the genetics clicked this year!! I will post a photo of the pair when I get back to MY computer.

randiliana":1q4yp9ok said:
Ok, to answer a few questions first, the calf was the 19th heifer calf born. It is tattooed S19, but indeed, the calf IS tagged the same as the cow, so all of you that said choice #2 are right. The cow is (as far as I know) Limo x Angus, she has the red gene, and horns, and that is just the way the genetics clicked this year!! I will post a photo of the pair when I get back to MY computer.

Hey Rand

Why is the grass so green for the calf picture and so snowy and a full frontal view of the cow.

You were trying to trick us all weren't ya????

Dub

Nowland Farms":23dvq1ug said:
I say #2, the black one.

Two reasons :
Reason Number One - I believe the question and the color of the cows to be a mis-leading question.
Reason Number Two - If you look closely the ear tag in the calf and the black cow is the same (#19). Just on the outside chance that you tag the calves the same as the mamma.

TaaaDaaa !!!!!! I was right about the tags and the color.

Pat, Pat, Pat. Hear that, it's my hand patting my back for getting the right answer for once, finally.

DoubleK":2wbop1yi said:
Hey Rand

Why is the grass so green for the calf picture and so snowy and a full frontal view of the cow.

You were trying to trick us all weren't ya????

Dub

It was the only pic I had of her :D and since she is out on pasture I couldn't get a new one!! I had to do something to try and trick you guys since the tags were the same, and I didn't notice them until too late :oops:

Here they are Mom and baby!! The calf was born on March 15 2006, and is about 3 days old in this picture. She would be a little more than 2 months old in the second picture.

19calfa.jpg

19calf.jpg

Latest posts