Who's my mama?

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
OK, can someone tell me who my mama is???

19calf.jpg

Choice #1
36a.jpg

Choice #2
19.jpg

Choice #3
12years2.jpg

Choice # 4
66f.jpg

Choice #5
12a.jpg

Choice #6
59a.jpg

Choice #7
3a.jpg

I say #2, the black one.

Two reasons :
Reason Number One - I believe the question and the color of the cows to be a mis-leading question.
Reason Number Two - If you look closely the ear tag in the calf and the black cow is the same (#19). Just on the outside chance that you tag the calves the same as the mamma.

cowboy13":2zp49w6y said:
Is it just me or is that a black nose on that calf. I'm gonna guess one of the black cows with a hereford bull.

It looks like a shadow to me...I thought the nose was pink

OK, the sire was a Hereford, and the calf has a pink nose ;-). As for the tags, there is a lot of people that tag in the order that the calves are born, and that one was the 19th heifer to hit the ground here!!

I dont think a calf that looks that much Hereford would come out of an Angus cow but I could be wrong. I didnt think that #19 on the tag of the cow meant that was her calf. I'd say #6

randiliana":8m2ohx1e said:
OK, the sire was a Hereford, and the calf has a pink nose ;-). As for the tags, there is a lot of people that tag in the order that the calves are born, and that one was the 19th heifer to hit the ground here!!

so i'm guessing you had 19 consecutive heifers? or do you only tag heifers?

i'm going to stick with the black solely based on the faces. she has a squarer poll compared to #1 and both the black cow and the calf have that cowlick thing going on up there, lol.