Whitney Houston is dead!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story that OUGHT to be in the news!!!

You're a 19 year old kid.

You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam .

It's November 11, 1967.
LZ (landing zone) X-ray.

Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense from 100 yards away, that your CO (commanding officer) has ordered the MedEvac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out.

Your family is half way around the world,12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again.

As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then - over the machine gun noise - you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter.

You look up to see a Huey coming in. But.. It doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it.

Captain Ed Freeman is coming in for you.

He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's flying his Huey down into the
machine gun fire anyway.

Even after the MedEvacs were ordered not to come.He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 3 of you at a time on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses and safety.

And, he kept coming back !! 13 more times!!
Until all the wounded were out. No one knew until the mission was over that the Captain had been hit 4 times in the legs and left arm.

He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the Captain and his Huey.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Captain Ed
Freeman, United States Air Force, died last Wednesday at the age of 70, in Boise, Idaho

May God Bless and Rest His Soul.

I bet you didn't hear about this hero'spassing, but we've
sure seen a whole bunch about Lindsay
Lohan, Tiger Woods, Whitney Houston and the bickering of congress over Health Reform.

Medal of Honor Winner Captain Ed Freeman

Shame on the American media !!!

That was my point with all the sarcastic remarks on this thread.

Seems like the bigger scumbag you are the more the mainstream media cannonizes you!

Ned Jr.":df4vmrg1 said:

You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam .

It's November 11, 1967.
LZ (landing zone) X-ray.

Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense from 100 yards away, that your CO (commanding officer) has ordered the MedEvac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out.

Your family is half way around the world,12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again.

Then - over the machine gun noise - you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter.

You look up to see a Huey coming in. But.. It doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it.

He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's flying his Huey down into the
machine gun fire anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 3 of you at a time on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses and safety.

Until all the wounded were out. No one knew until the mission was over that the Captain had been hit 4 times in the legs and left arm.

He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the Captain and his Huey.

Freeman, United States Air Force, died last Wednesday at the age of 70, in Boise, Idaho

Lohan, Tiger Woods, Whitney Houston and the bickering of congress over Health Reform.

Amen. A true American hero, and all we hear about it crap! Thanks for putting things in perspective.

Isomade":1oult76w said:
Ned Jr.":1oult76w said:

It's November 11, 1967.
LZ (landing zone) X-ray.

machine gun fire anyway.

Amen. A true American hero, and all we hear about it crap! Thanks for putting things in perspective.
I'll 2nd that one, what the eff is wrong with this country? That's who flags should be half staff for. An another thing, right now we have kids over in that little piece of he!! that are showing the same kind of valor that we never hear about.

By no means do I want to take anything away from the bravery of Cpt. Ed Freeman.
He was a true american hero from Miss. who served in ww2,korean war and the viet nam war.
And recieved the medal of honor and numerous other medals and citations.
But he died on August 20 2008.
Just trying to set the record straight about his passing.
Did not know Cpt Freeman that well but I did have the privilage of Meeting him.

Cal

I remember reading about Capt. Freeman's death in the local paper along with an account of his life's many accomplishments and his service to our country. No doubt he didn't get the world wide coverage that any public figure would, and that's a shame, but it didn't go completely unnoticed by many of us.

For those of you that can't stop whining about the news coverage of Houston's death, maybe it's time to **** and let this thread die.

VanC":3fgjfrda said:
I remember reading about Capt. Freeman's death in the local paper along with an account of his life's many accomplishments and his service to our country. No doubt he didn't get the world wide coverage that any public figure would, and that's a shame, but it didn't go completely unnoticed by many of us.

For those of you that can't stop whining about the news coverage of Houston's death, maybe it's time to **** and let this thread die.

Correct me if I'm wrong Van,but aint this your third post on this thread. :)

Cal

Calman":4kgtqxeb said:
VanC":4kgtqxeb said:

Cal

Tell me something Van. Why is it that the only free speech that means much to you is YOURS.

Now feel free to GFYS. In leiu of that please feel free to go on over to the Breeds Board and post something about your cows!

BTW I stand corrected she is still dead but not buried. They had to drag that out another day!

Calman":1n6vxk0j said:
VanC":1n6vxk0j said:

Cal

I wasn't counting, Cal. I guess this makes four. I'll say one more thing then I'm done.

I agree that the news coverage was way over the top. It always is when a public figure dies or gets into trouble. It's always been that way, but it's much worse now with so many news sources coming at us from so many directions. What bothers me most about this thread isn't so much that people have pointed that out, or the displeasure some have expressed over her lifestyle. I agree with that. No, it's the junior high school humor some resort to surrounding someone's death. Unless it's someone truly evil like bin Laden, or a cold blooded murderer, or a child molester, I just don't think it's right to take pleasure in someone's death. Houston was a daughter and a mother and a friend to many, and I'd imagine quite a few people are feeling a lot of pain over her death right now. Not only that, there are people on this very forum that have lost loved ones in a similar manner. Does anyone think their grief is any less because of how they died? Let's have a little common decency and think about how they might feel when they read such things.

Now before everyone thinks I'm getting all high and mighty and am above such things, I'm not. I've done the same things in the past, many times. I don't feel good about it. I don't think anyone should, but maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm overreacting, but that's how I feel about it. I'm done.

Van I think if I was tired of hearing about WH on here I'd just stop reading the posts about her.
I would not have came on here telling everyone just to **** about it.
I have not been a kid in a long time and I don't take someone telling me to shut up to kindly.

Cal

Calman":3nqm4ojs said:
Van I think if I was tired of hearing about WH on here I'd just stop reading the posts about her.
I have not been a kid in a long time and I don't take someone telling me to shut up to kindly.

Cal

You're right, Cal. I was going to PM you, but I need to get this out in front of everyone: I apologize to you and everyone else for the **** part. It was unnecessary. I stand by everything else I said in my last post. Now I'm done.

VanC":1ebyzgim said:
Calman":1ebyzgim said:

Cal

You're right, Cal. I was going to PM you, but I need to get this out in front of everyone: I apologize to you and everyone else for the **** part. It was unnecessary. I stand by everything else I said in my last post. Now I'm done.

We all have those moments. Don't sweat the small stuff! :tiphat:

You're right, Cal. I was going to PM you, but I need to get this out in front of everyone: I apologize to you and everyone else for the **** part. It was unnecessary. I stand by everything else I said in my last post. Now I'm done.[/quote]

Your a good man Van and I exept your apology.
As 3way said we all have our moments and I rekon I was having mine too.
All is good and forgotten.

Cal

Calman":3pq5ltkd said:
By no means do I want to take anything away from the bravery of Cpt. Ed Freeman.
He was a true american hero from Miss. who served in ww2,korean war and the viet nam war.

Cal
I got that in an e-mail yesterday and just thought it kinda fit here. I guess I should have checked it's accuracy first.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Ned Jr.":276xrw7i said:
Calman":276xrw7i said:

Cal
I got that in an e-mail yesterday and just thought it kinda fit here. I guess I should have checked it's accuracy first.

Thanks for setting the record straight.
I don't recall ever having heard of Cpt. Freeman, but he certainly deserves honor and recognition.
Thanks to Ned, Jr. for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts