WHICH OF THESE 3 BULLS IS SUPERIOR AND READY TO GO TO WORK?

Help Support CattleToday:

WHICH OF THESE 3 BULLS IS SUPERIOR AND READY TO GO TO WORK?

• DONNAIL A ANGUS BULL

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • ND ANGUS ANGUS BULL

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • ROCKET2222 HERFORD BULL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

dun

Reaction score
whatsupdoc3":he7lmh2d said:
3 BULLS recently posted.

DONNAIL A ANGUS BULL
Sloppy sheath and needs some more pounds.
RRRRITO703-3.jpg

ND ANGUS
killer fat no neck and is to over weight to trail cows. Also of question is what appears to be a feed wagon in the top right of the picture. Kind of like free choice feed.
HPIM0204.JPG

ROCKET2222
In my opinion only thing lacking is the cows being in the lot with him
IMG_10011111.jpg

I dont know how to place the pictures here if someone else will it would be appreciated.

All of these bulls pictures are on the threads posted by each individual on the breeds board.

No competition... the last bull wipes the floor clean with the other two. Why are there so many post legged, sway backed blacks?? Do these breeders not know anything about conformation and mobility??

Killala":rzi8pj57 said:
No competition... the last bull wipes the floor clean with the other two. Why are there so many post legged, sway backed blacks?? Do these breeders not know anything about conformation and mobility??
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm very up set you have accused me of free choice'n my bull . This is not the case. You can clearly see the flax bales are blocking the bulls from the feeder. YOU need to get your facts straight!! You have pick the $#&@*! out of me . I really don't know what your probelm is ??

whatsupdoc3":t9tu6e45 said:
3 BULLS recently posted.

DONNAIL A ANGUS BULL
Sloppy sheath and needs some more pounds.

ND ANGUS
killer fat no neck and is to over weight to trail cows. Also of question is what appears to be a feed wagon in the top right of the picture. Kind of like free choice feed.

ROCKET2222
In my opinion only thing lacking is the cows being in the lot with him

I dont know how to place the pictures here if someone else will it would be appreciated.

All of these bulls pictures are on the threads posted by each individual on the breeds board.

edited one can vote without commenting the pictures speak for the animals all to well

My bull is not ready to go to work until late summer (he is only 13 month old)..I think the rocket bull is a nice bull but we were shopping for an angus. I honestly don't know what your problem is, that you feel the need to make a post to generate criticism...but to each their own. I like the bull we selected and thats all that counts. donna

Killala":6g5r6vg7 said:

Which one of those bulls do you think is post legged?

ND Angus":1ugoyg51 said:
I'm very up set you have accused me of free choice'n my bull . This is not the case. You can clearly see the flax bales are blocking the bulls from the feeder. YOU need to get your facts straight!! You have pick the $#&@*! out of me . I really don't know what your probelm is ??

Don't let them get to you. There are lots of jealous non-Angus breeders on this site who will judge from a photo. If the red and white bull had been black, he'd have been beat up as having no butt, too feminine, high headed, poor scrotal development and lacking muscle. But since he's red and white, he's perfect. :roll: Welcome to the boards.

Here's a picture of our young Foreman son. He's not as clean and pretty as yours. The 4-H kids might have their hands full with him. :lol: He was on test and worked hard. His 365 day adjusted weight was only 1397, but I like him anyway.

bullsFeb08003.jpg

Yes, someone will scream about him being post legged, but he's not.

Frankie: I am very impressed with your Bull. He is a thick one.

ND Angus: Both bulls in that picture were very impressive.

DonnaIL: Your bull needs some more time, maybe, but I think he might do you some good.

Rocket : A pretty good herf, he is as pretty as a paint pony.

whatsupdoc3 From now on I'm going to call you wud3. anyhow why don't you post some pictures of your cattle or in the likely event you don't have any, some pics of your ideal type.

I'm kind of new here , but after reading the posts I know who is creditable and who isn't . You can cerainly pick the animal apart but the personal attacks are uncalled for . There is nothing wrong with constuctive critisim .

whatsupdoc3":1s6rn8tc said:
i dont see any better nuts on donnail's bull :
I dont understand what you are saying here

Rockets bull is also longerand taller.

We were not looking for a large bull...we were looking for a 5-6 frame which we got. his adjusted 365 weight was 1258 and again was the size we were looking for..there were frame 7 bull there weighing 1600+ with 1400+ YW, that was not what we wanted.

And now for the facts. That bull donnail bought is not a $3,000.00 bull. Ripley said it best. If iI was not going to use a bull for several months I do believe I WOULD HAVE TAKEN MY TIME AND BEEN A LITTLE MORE SELECTIVE! Believe it or not where cattle prices are headed its a buyers market not sellers.

now donna should have felt something hit her in the back because she trully paid a premium being as its a buyers market now days. Also the bull is some what lacking compared to many posted here.
:secret:

i dont know what registered angus go for where you are at but here off the farm is between $2000-3000. we purchased him at the il performance tested bull sale and were not the only ones bidding on him, the guy bidding before us thought he was worth 2950. the bulls sold at this sale had to meet certain strict criteria to even be sold there. i suppose you could get a cheaper bull at the sale barn(maybe, we sold our crossbred bred bull at the sale barn and got $1475 for him). we took our time and selected for the criteria WE WANTED. its apparent you don't like the bull and thats okay, there were lots of bulls at the sale we didnt particullarly like so we didnt buy them. the original pictures i posted are not the best...i did post another photo on my post which shows his top line. here is another photo from another angle:

edited to add: we have no buyers regret
1mar08009.jpg

I'd guess that Hereford is gonna need the feed truck on stand-by after the first 30 days or so of the breeding season as well.

And in case you're thinking of going on the defensive, remember, you asked about which bull is ready to go to work.

I dunno about you all but we seem to be judging the animals by the way they are angled in the pics. The first two weren't taken straight on, whereas the last one was, thus the not-surprising result of getting the most votes. IMHO. I'm in the middle of the fence between Angus and Hereford, and when I voted I wasn't looking at the color of the hide. All three have good-looking bulls, the first and third one could use a little more pounds, yes the sheath on donna's is a might loose, but I am not in favor of the rocket's because of the feminine head and the poor testicular form. Sure he looks "prettier" and less post-legged than the other two, but those two physical qualities really jumped out at me. The second one I prefer because even though there's a lot of hair on him to make him look like he's overly fat (I disagree with the overly fat part btw), he's got capacity and masculinity and the like.

Anyway, there's my $0.02 for the day.

I'd use any of them. I sure would like to put the herford on a few of my commercial blacks . I think a black baldie is about the best cow out there.

To the people commenting on the blacks being post legged...you realize they've both been fitted don't you?

Donna's isn't standing square and on ND's his hair is covering up the set. And the Hereford is in his pasture clothes.

IluvABbeef":10350hj5 said:
I dunno about you all but we seem to be judging the animals by the way they are angled in the pics. The first two weren't taken straight on, whereas the last one was, thus the not-surprising result of getting the most votes. IMHO. I'm in the middle of the fence between Angus and Hereford, and when I voted I wasn't looking at the color of the hide. All three have good-looking bulls, the first and third one could use a little more pounds, yes the sheath on donna's is a might loose, but I am not in favor of the rocket's because of the feminine head and the poor testicular form. Sure he looks "prettier" and less post-legged than the other two, but those two physical qualities really jumped out at me. The second one I prefer because even though there's a lot of hair on him to make him look like he's overly fat (I disagree with the overly fat part btw), he's got capacity and masculinity and the like.

Anyway, there's my $0.02 for the day.

Karin. I think you bring up a good point. All the bulls are pictured at different angles, different ages, and under different management. Also, I think the owner's intentions are not clear either. I'm pretty sure DonnaIL raises commerical cattle, so I would expect her to have a lower quality bull that a REGISTER Hereford breeder (rocket). I think Frankie and ND's bulls are more masculine that rockets or donnaIL. You could really go back and forth with all of these bulls. I think it's pretty clear that none of these bulls will become an AI Sire or go on to win National Championships. But I think they all have a place in some type of operation.

ga. prime":1a2wxm5n said:
That's a fine example of bovine masculinity you have there, Frankie. What was his WW?

Thank you. Actual weaning was 705, adjusted WW 750. We've liked our TC Foreman bulls for the most part. All of them have had good dispostions. Our main concern with Foreman is his marbling, but this bull had an Ultrasound IMF score of 5.11. :eek:

Frankie":30abyboq said:
ga. prime":30abyboq said:
That's a fine example of bovine masculinity you have there, Frankie. What was his WW?

Thank you. Actual weaning was 705, adjusted WW 750. We've liked our TC Foreman bulls for the most part. All of them have had good dispostions. Our main concern with Foreman is his marbling, but this bull had an Ultrasound IMF score of 5.11. :eek:

What was his ribeye?

Latest posts