Where to buy and how to use Baler's Choice hay preservative

Help Support CattleToday:

Texasmark

Reaction score
Title asks the question. I'm a STO and need something in the gallon type thing. My peas need to come off so that I can get ready for the summer crop. I have a 10 day window with a possible TS in the middle of it, not much accumulation. I'll probably be ok but have some picky customers that don't want any mold or mildew. Hard to do in the spring with cooler temps, not a lot of sunshine, and frequent rains. Never used the product. Help certainly appreciated.

I'll ask a friend of mine tomorrow. They bale a lot of hay and if he don't know, he can call his chemical guy.

M-5":2qdxlyg6 said:
Im seriously considering adding this also.

Does it need special equipment to apply? New to the haying thing, trying to do squares this year in a wet climate (yeah not smart)

boondocks wrote:
>
M-5":3m4lepgt said:
Im seriously considering adding this also.
>
> Does it need special equipment to apply? New to the haying thing, trying to
> do squares this year in a wet climate (yeah not smart)

There are some youtube Vids on it using a square baler and a homemade system. from what I have read the units that are plug and play run a couple grand to around 5 grand . they have a processor on board that monitors the moisture level and varies the amount of acid applied . On a couple other forums i've read they just sample the field and calibrate the acid for the highest % . the only drawback to this is wasted cost but for a small operation its not alot . 3 or 4 buck a round bale .25 cent or so for a square. The systems I have seen are just a spraytank, pressure regulators , gauge and plumbing with nozzles mounted .

Latest posts