Where I'm coming from....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
concerning some laws that is.

In Georgia,

Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.

While Georgia operates its own lottery, it "protects" its citizens by making it illegal to promote a private lottery.

Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.

No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.

All citizens must own a rake.

If you want to read your favorite book in public to your friends, do it before 2:45 AM.

Selling two beers at once for the same price is not allowed.

Goldfish may not be given away to entice someone to enter a game of bingo.

On Mondays, it is illegal for one to whistle very loud after 11:00 PM.

Against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.

One man may not be on another man's back.

It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.

Though it is illegal to spit from a car or bus, citizens may spit from a truck.

Crazy drug law out of Georgia forbids anyone from forcing your pet to take drugs! this seems totally odd….

It's illegal to eat chicken with a fork

No motorized vehicles (wheelchairs included) of any type shall be allowed on public parks, playgrounds, or school areas under the supervision of the department of parks and recreation unless the person operating such vehicle shall have first received written permission from the director of parks and recreation, with the exception of motorized vehicles entering such areas for the purpose of construction or routine maintenance. This section does not prohibit the use of motorized vehicles on established streets, roadways or parking areas, nor is the use of emergency vehicles prohibited.

Can't bury your dog in your back yard. Sec. 11-3-7 Dead animals; disposition. No person shall place any dead animal upon his premises or upon the premises of any other person, or allow any dead animal to remain upon his premises or permit any dead animal belonging to the person to remain upon the premises of another without disposing of same or causing the animal to be properly removed or disposed of within 24 hours.

Recently a rep tried to pass a bill making it illegal to plant, buy or use Bermuda Grass.

At the moment, according to the federal law, we cannot sell pine trees to make wood ethanol. According to the law, the "wood" going to the wood ethanol plant may only be from things that cannot be used for other more valuable pursposes.

Yep. I'm all for these folks thinking for me.

As stated every state has some dumb laws. Must be made by lawyers for lawyers to insure future work, either changing them or suing one another to fight them. Isn't it a grand scheme?

These are a few which apparently are still in the law books here in Canada!:
In Calgary, Alberta businesses within city limits are required to provide rails for tying up horses. :cowboy:
It is illegal to pretend to be king. Hmmm--I wonder does that include one's own personal "throne" in the bathroom??? :lol:
One can not pay for a 50 cent item with pennies. The poor penny is almost outlawed in some areas!
It is illegal to kill a sasquatch!!! Apparently they are seen quite often in parts here!! :D
If you are released from prison you are given a gun with bullets and a horse so you can ride out of town. Considering fuel prices perhaps a horse is the just the ticket!! The gun however.....!!!!! :(
Wooden logs can't be painted. Oh dear--I've broken that law a few times!!! :lol:

barefootgirl":1muu33yd said:
It is illegal to pretend to be king.

I sure am glad we don't have that one on the books! I thouroughly enjoyed a good game of king of the hill when I was a boy. :nod:

It is however illegal to pretend to be a minister or clergyman here. This could lead to a lot of debate as to who is who.

These sound like jokes, but I'm sure John Q citizen would be amazed at what laws exist and how they were brought about on our tax dollars. Here it is still against the last to transport across parish lines without a brand.

Jogeephus":309hdk7y said:
One man may not be on another man's back.
This one could work if it were cahnged to read " no woman can be on a mans back" that way when they start in we could just have em jailed ;-) .

Larry

You know I was really looking forward to going whaling this summer. Got my harpoon sharpened and everything. Hoping to go to either Oklahoma, Ohio or Nebraska as I heard they really have some nice ones there. Unfortunately, I found out that it is now illegal to do so in these states. Of course, I might be able to go in Ohio since its only illegal on Sunday. :lol2:

This is very inappropriate but I have to tell it...In Columbus, Mississippi it is illegal for a man to have an erection in public....

Beef08":3r54lixl said:
This is very inappropriate but I have to tell it...In Columbus, Mississippi it is illegal for a man to have an erection in public....

Gosh. Had they had that three strike and your out rule when I was in my teens I would still sitting in prison today if I was raised in Columbus, Miss. Of course, sticking an ice cream cone in your back pocket could prevent this from happening. Oops, I fogot this is illegal too. :oops: :lol2:

Larry: Speaking from a woman's point of view--if us gals were jailed for anything which doesn't measure up to a man's standards or ideals--can you just imagine the hell to pay when we got out!!!!! :D

Yikes---there are truly those computer gremlins at play today re: my last post--I meant to say "hell to pay" when us gals got out of jail!! I have no idea how my message got messed up!!!!! :???:

Forget it!!!!! My head and my typing just will not co-operate!!! I really am not this dumb!!!!! You will all be scratching your heads wondering what????? :(

barefootgirl":1zuwb3ri said:
Yikes---there are truly those computer gremlins at play today re: my last post--I meant to say "be nice to pay" when us gals got out of jail!! I have no idea how my message got messed up!!!!! :???:
Gremlins or not I'm readin ya loud and clear, but then no law is perfect :lol: .

Larry

Jogeephus":27nzb0i6 said:
You know I was really looking forward to going whaling this summer. Got my harpoon sharpened and everything. Hoping to go to either Oklahoma, Ohio or Nebraska as I heard they really have some nice ones there. Unfortunately, I found out that it is now illegal to do so in these states. Of course, I might be able to go in Ohio since its only illegal on Sunday. :lol2:

Hey, wow, thanks for the post I was just headed out the door to do my Sunday whaling when I read this .I'm sure they could turn a crack head loose so they would have room in jail for me .

Larry

grannysoo":37wq51wa said:
Look at the bright side Jo. You and I are paying all of these idiots to make these laws. It's a shame. :dunce:

Don't you know it. I'd like to see a law stating that for every new law put on the books one must be removed. Also like to see another law made where no law can be passed that would infringe on your right of choice when it comes to personal matters. But what I'd really like to know is why an ice cream cone in your back pocket is so bad and also why anyone would ever want to carry an icecream in their back pocket. (In matters of such importance to the state I think we have a right to know) :lol: :lol2:

Man, I got four donkeys in the bathtub right now!! Well, they need a bath, don't they? :lol:

I gather that there are reasons why these were written?

Angus/Brangus":26v0m0vx said:
Jogeephus":26v0m0vx said:
concerning some laws that is.

In Georgia,

Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.

While Georgia operates its own lottery, it "protects" its citizens by making it illegal to promote a private lottery.

Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs................

Thanks Jogee!! We need states like yours that remind ones like our how good we have it! Although, in Texas, when two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone. And, you can get up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos. (CHAPTER 43. PUBLIC INDECENCY, SUBCHAPTER B. OBSCENITY.� 43.21. Definitions)

How come you know about that particular law, A/B? I must admit, you do make me go scarlet.

I did just discover, thanks to our intrepid friend, A/B and his annoying laws website, that whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Ya learn something every day.

Latest posts