Where do you prefer your scales?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
I guess you really need to be a big operation for a scale like the $1,200 one. I could see where it would definitely be helpful, but that one scale could buy me one more cow, or two calves.

How necessary is the scale anyway? I know, as far as gathering factual data, it is more precise; but I can't justify that expense. But I'm small potatoes.....

cypressfarms":h5zmbyvj said:
I guess you really need to be a big operation for a scale like the $1,200 one. I could see where it would definitely be helpful, but that one scale could buy me one more cow, or two calves.

How necessary is the scale anyway? I know, as far as gathering factual data, it is more precise; but I can't justify that expense. But I'm small potatoes.....
You might be surprised at what you will save by using proper doasages for wormers and stuff. When we got ours I didn;t think we would use it for much, turns out we use it a lot all year long

cypressfarms":blr2d90w said:

We are trying to grow our registered herd and need/want for that reason. I don't like borrowing even though I can.

Ours is in under the chute. The alley way was a pain to cut one calf sometimes. We have the tru test hd10-10 and it works well. Its designed to take a beating. Did a lot of research on this. The only problem that I have is that I would have like to used it to weigh horses too. Might do something different for them still yet though. They don't care for a chute very much.

dun":1s92in3p said:
cypressfarms":1s92in3p said:

You might be surprised at what you will save by using proper doasages for wormers and stuff. When we got ours I didn;t think we would use it for much, turns out we use it a lot all year long

You may be right; but right now it seems like the 2012 Mustang GT. Nice to have, but not sure if it's in the budget... :(

Latest posts