When did you...

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowgal604 said:
I think the first time I posted on CT was around 2012. I mainly used to post on a forum called backyardherds and then I started to get into some actual issues with my cattle and searched out some better online help. I think this is my 3rd account. I left in previous years because the drama, I just tried looking up my old usernames and I've either forgotten it or its been deleted. But here I am :) Older and wiser now. Still got the same issues with my cows tho!

Hmmmm.... you got me wondering who you might have been in the past...

I think my old username was CJC...my last one. Thats what I thought but couldnt find it. CB called me some names haha. I left.

When i came back last year a few members remembered me...hopefully the good parts. Got some nice welcome back messages.

Profile said I was here in May 2011. Think I just stumbled on here and wanted to talk cattle and such a bit. Well I'm still coming here Jan. 2020 must have found it a bit interesting.

cowgal604 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowgal604 said:
I think the first time I posted on CT was around 2012. I mainly used to post on a forum called backyardherds and then I started to get into some actual issues with my cattle and searched out some better online help. I think this is my 3rd account. I left in previous years because the drama, I just tried looking up my old usernames and I've either forgotten it or its been deleted. But here I am :) Older and wiser now. Still got the same issues with my cows tho!

I think my old username was CJC...my last one. Thats what I thought but couldnt find it. CB called me some names haha. I left.

When i came back last year a few members remembered me...hopefully the good parts. Got some nice welcome back messages.
:bs:

Caustic Burno said:
cowgal604 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Not BS. We had a long lengthy argument about gun laws. JMJ can recall im sure.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
alisonb said:
You must be a very patient man...
I am actually
I also kid around alot.
I came here as fenceman in 2013 researching pearl millet and improved crabgrass. Neither forages worked out for me. But I'm glad it lead me here.
Fwiw fenceman was never issued a single board warning and spent hours answering members questions. He was banned for a simple political statement.

I remember fenceman, great guy, I miss him.

Next time you pass through stop by, we can reminisce about old times....I got a horse I'd like to put you on.

cowgal604 said:
Caustic Burno said:
cowgal604 said:

CB can argue with a knotty pine post when he takes a notion so I can believe it.

He's not too big on name calling through especially with ladies.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowgal604 said:
Caustic Burno said:

CB can argue with a knotty pine post when he takes a notion so I can believe it.

You misspelled though.
Not big on name calling unless you paid the stupid tax, failed the iq test or ain't worth a piled of dried up monkey #@$&

callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowgal604 said:

You misspelled though.
Not big on name calling unless you paid the stupid tax, failed the iq test or ain't worth a piled of dried up monkey #@$&

Indeed I did.

Who told you?

Hey. I don't think CB was wrong. Im older and wiser now like I said haha. Some guys on here taught me a valuable lesson. As a Canadian never, ever, share my views on gun laws. That is just toxic to your culture haha. And hey, I will zip it and respect. Not my game to play.

I joined (after lurking for a while) in the Summer of 2017 to learn. I grew up with cattle and horses but was not heavily involved in recent years until my Dad was run over by a tractor and died. I inherited the herd and my mother said we should just sell them. I told her No. At the beginning fixing the fences and feeding the cattle was cathartic. Now I just want to be financially independent enough to raise cattle and not deal with all the rest of the real world.

PS.... it will be a while :lol:

callmefence said:
alisonb said:
callmefence said:
I came in 2015 to avenge the assassination of Fenceman
I am actually
I also kid around alot.
I came here as fenceman in 2013 researching pearl millet and improved crabgrass. Neither forages worked out for me. But I'm glad it lead me here.
Fwiw fenceman was never issued a single board warning and spent hours answering members questions. He was banned for a simple political statement.
That Fenceman must have pushed Dun to his limits if he ended up banning him. We all know Dun was a fair & reasonable man.

I lurked for a while and still takes lengthy breaks every now and then... Joined in 2012 and joined in on a discussion about calf scours! Have enjoyed my time on the board and have made some really good friends. I do miss some of the old people who really had a lot to offer.

March 2011 I joined. I don't think I had any specific question, main reason was I was using mostly North American Angus bulls and I wanted to get a bit of local Knowledge on them and it has been very helpfull. I used to talk to a few Australians on here on Australian Talk and that was great. I have got a pretty good insight into how you live over there now which I find very interesting. The snow and cold that you cop in the northern parts was a real eye opener.
As far as guns go, I reckon there is 3 things that you will never give up.
-Your big V8's
-Your guns
-Your imperial measuring system
I haven't had any break from here since joining, it is part of my routine during breakfast and dinner. I do like to stir occaisionally.

Ken

alisonb said:
wbvs58 said:
I do like to stir occaisionally.
Ken
Fancy that :p

Ken, then you will have surely chatted to Australian? He had the most beautiful brahmans.
Yes Alison, he only lived one town south of me, Tenterfield, never actually met up with him, he liked his Brahmans, not really a traditional Brahman area up away from the coast surrounded by black cattle or red and white.

Early on on CT I met a fellow from the US, the "Burglar". Dale was an Australian working in the US in the recording industry and was planning to move back to Australia and was having a house built on a hill just across from me, small world hey. You go on a forum based in the US to meet your neighbour. Dale and I have become good friends.

Ken

alisonb said:
callmefence said:
alisonb said:
I am actually
I also kid around alot.
That Fenceman must have pushed Dun to his limits if he ended up banning him. We all know Dun was a fair & reasonable man.

Everyone is capable of a bad decision.

A poll was started on the matter. Which went in favor of fenceman by a landslide.

Latest posts