What's your favorite way to cook...

Help Support CattleToday:

Think that would be Turn-up's :nod:. But I really do not like them so someone esle can have my share of them. ;-)

63DH8":we59waf4 said:
Just_a_girl":we59waf4 said:
A batch of yeast rolls really makes this meal great.

Do you have a recipie for the rolls?

Yes, I do.

I'm horrible as a proofreader, so excuse my mistakes.

Yeast Rolls

1/2 cup melted shortening
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg. yeast dissolved in 1 cup warm water
1 cup milk
6 1/2 cups flour

Put melted shortening in mixing bowl and beat eggs real good into shortening. Add sugar and salt and mix well. Add yeast dissolved in water, and milk; stir.
Add flour slowly to mixture; knead and place in well greased bowl, turn dough once in bowl. Let dough rise twice the size, then pinch off disired amount and shape into rolls. Place rolls in a well grease muffin pan, turing over once. let rise again.
bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.

I brush rolls right of the oven with melted butter and then serve. ;-)

You could cheat and buy rolls in your frozen food section, they are good too. But, you can't beat homemade bread, or anything that is made at home.
:D
enjoy!

Many, many thanks! I've been looking for a good yeast roll or bread recipie for a number years now. The store bought ones don't have that yeasty flavor like the homemade ones do.

The bread machines don't seem to have the right feel or taste to their bread, so I make them by hand. It's not really that much harder.

I started this thread in hopes that everyone shares their favorite recipies. I don't know about others, but I get tired of the same old thing, and don't like hearing from my kids, when I ask them what they want to eat, "I dunno". I'm always looking for something new and easy to make.

63DH8":3hqks1ej said:
Many, many thanks! I've been looking for a good yeast roll or bread recipie for a number years now. The store bought ones don't have that yeasty flavor like the homemade ones do.

The bread machines don't seem to have the right feel or taste to their bread, so I make them by hand. It's not really that much harder.

I started this thread in hopes that everyone shares their favorite recipies. I don't know about others, but I get tired of the same old thing, and don't like hearing from my kids, when I ask them what they want to eat, "I dunno". I'm always looking for something new and easy to make.

It was a great idea to start this post, and I'm glad you did! Maybe folks will post more recipes.

I've used this recipe since the 10th grade....so I've been using it a long time. :lol:

If I think of something that is "new and easy" then I'll post it. ;-) :D

Have you never been into cookbook????? go into Cattle Today at the top of the page then go down the greenstrip at the side, and in cookbook is a lot of recipes sent in by members. I have picked up some good ones. Happy hunting, then come back to let us know what you think.

OK -- the lighter ones are turnups,the darker rudibaker(sp)

Icannot spell today :oops: (If ever I could) Please bear with..

chrisy":2vrho3n8 said:
Have you never been into cookbook????? go into Cattle Today at the top of the page then go down the greenstrip at the side, and in cookbook is a lot of recipes sent in by members. I have picked up some good ones. Happy hunting, then come back to let us know what you think.

The cookbook was how I found this site a while back. I lost the bookmark, then found the site again when I was looking up info on Longhorns.

I checked the cookbook again. It looks like it grew considerably since I last looked. I'll browes it again to see if there's anything that catches my eyes.

Here's a recipie for chicken when I need to spice it up a little like when I need to add chicken to pasta or when I make a chicken sandwich.

Take a defrosted chicken breast. Slice it so it's half it's thickness. Take a frying pan and add two or three tablespoon of Italian dressing per chicken slice to the pan, then toss in the chicken breasts. Keep the chicken moving in the pan until the dressing is well glazed on the chicken. Works best with a non-stick pan.

john250":eult08pi said:
warpaint":eult08pi said:
How do I like to cook?

Wearin nuttin but my boots an hat,

less I'm fryin up some bacon! :shock:

I'm laughin', but at the same time I lost my appetite.

Which one caused you to lose your appetite? Was it the boots or the hat?