What's wrong with this picture

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, this should make things a little bit clearer.

@ PRISON
@ WORK

you spend the majority of your time in a 10X10 cell
you spend the majority of your time in an 8X8 cubicle

you get three meals a day fully paid for
you get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it

you get time off for good behavior
you get more work for good behavior

the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you
you must often carry a security card and open all the doors for yourself

you can watch TV and play games
you could get fired for watching TV and playing games

you get your own toilet
you have to share the toilet with some people who pee on the seat

they allow your family and friends to visit
you aren't even supposed to speak to your family

all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required
you get to pay all your expenses to go to work, and they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners

you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out
you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars

THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!

I say bring back the chain gangs. I understand some people worry about the chain gangs competing with private industry. Theirs plenty of work for them I can think of that wouldn't effect private industry very much. Like picking rocks out of a field. Cutting cedar. Pulling weeds (thats safer for the enviroment than chemicals after all). If you don't care about encroaching into private industry and want to save tax dollars think about the old county court houses they used to build. They could build roads, stock tanks by hand, mow grass. Grow and raise their own food. No wonder we pay taxes out the wazoo. Sometimes I think it might be nice to go to jail for a week or two ;-)

yea, but I would much rather walk to the bar than be behind them, see friends and family when I want to, take a day off and have a good time, weekends when not working go out in the day when I want to. all the things you can do when you want to, freedom is great......amen.

When I was in the Air Force we had a federal prison on base the goverment decided it was not up to prison standards so they built a multi million dollar jail with tennis courts. They took the bars off the windows and laid carpet on the floors and moved us low ranking airmen in.

MillIronQH":17mt02zk said:
you get your own toilet
you have to share the toilet with some people who pee on the seat

i dont know about any of you others but i sure would rather have somebody pee on the toilet then have to go infront of everybody.

tuck":1n9czms2 said:
When I was in the Air Force we had a federal prison on base the goverment decided it was not up to prison standards so they built a multi million dollar jail with tennis courts. They took the bars off the windows and laid carpet on the floors and moved us low ranking airmen in.

at least they removed the bars, built tennis courts and laid carpets, they spent some money....it would have been worse if they did nothing and moved you all in. and you had a choice as you chose to be in the Air Force, you were still free, to a certain extent.

chrisy
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:06 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuck wrote:

chrisy wrote:
at least they removed the bars, built tennis courts and laid carpets, they spent some money....it would have been worse if they did nothing and moved you all in. and you had a choice as you chose to be in the Air Force, you were still free, to a certain extent.

I think you missed that Chrisy, the tennis court was for the prisoners. And, yes he was "free" to choose to serve his country, but the prisoners were free to choose to do their crimes. I think it is a shame that our service people are treated as second class to criminals. And Tuck, THANK YOU.

cajun critter":30hzxj9c said:
chrisy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuck wrote:

chrisy wrote:

I think you missed that Chrisy, the tennis court was for the prisoners. And, yes he was "free" to choose to serve his country, but the prisoners were free to choose to do their crimes. I think it is a shame that our service people are treated as second class to criminals. And Tuck, THANK YOU.

Amen, because that is true, sometimes we are treated worse than inmates.

Cow_Town":2xok01rc said:
cajun critter":2xok01rc said:
chrisy

tuck wrote:

chrisy wrote:

Amen, because that is true, sometimes we are treated worse than inmates.

I thought the tennis courts were built for the Service men and the prisoners moved else where. It is bad that the Service Personel are treated badly, they should have better accommodation, but barracks look like prison blocks anyway, they should have some sort of houses in there own Country. And they are no way SECOND Class they are above and beoynd FIRST rate Citizens IMO.

Latest posts