What's my next move?

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":1uk4ky1a said:
I was thinking of lightly running the disc over the entire pasture before putting out the fertilizer, then seed it. I'd run a harrow over all of that. My thing about Bermuda is keeping it moist enough to germinate and grow. I know I run that risk with any of it, but I understand Bermuda is not as tolerant as some other grasses.

I wouldn't run the harrow over it. A good rain will cover it enough.

M-5":ynvr5r4x said:
Bermuda grows from a rhizome , if you till it any it will stimulate it.

Actually the harder you try to kill it with cultivation, the hardier it becomes....once it recovers from the tillage....in the growing season.

NolanCountyAG":mhmdxya1 said:
slick4591":mhmdxya1 said:
I was thinking of lightly running the disc over the entire pasture before putting out the fertilizer, then seed it. I'd run a harrow over all of that. My thing about Bermuda is keeping it moist enough to germinate and grow. I know I run that risk with any of it, but I understand Bermuda is not as tolerant as some other grasses.

I wouldn't run the harrow over it. A good rain will cover it enough.

OK. Thanks.

Hat tip to Texmark about contacting El Dorado for my fertilizer. Made the call a few weeks back and found they would save me money, so I went today and bought. Added a little sulfur and potash and still kept below the co-op price. Put out 100 lbs per acre it brought back memories of just how rough a ride that spreader gives you. Neighbor is spraying his hay and I've hired him to get my weeds as well. Still haven't bought my grass seed but that's coming soon.

Latest posts