Next project

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
Had a grownup fence line between us and a neighbors. Wish I had a before and after picture. Neighbors only request was to leave the biggest trees. Going back with T posts and 5-6 strands of barbed wire . Last perimeter fence hopefully we have to replace. IMG_5768.jpegIMG_5767.jpegIMG_5765.jpeg

Always good to get a fencing project done. We have a stretch along the road that's driving me crazy. Hopefully get it done here before long.

Cool, will you put it back in against the trees? Or will you leave a buffer zone?
Most of the trees are on the neighbor. No buffer , it will go against this side of the trees . Going in the morning to pick up posts and wire . Son coming in from his job in Louisiana Sunday so all hands on deck Monday. Neighbor that rents the other property is a former high school football teammate has told me he will help .

Neighbor's cows are taking advantage of the fence being gone . Grazing the little strip between the old fence and the hot wire fence I put up . He doesn't fertilize so they are enjoying what grass of ours is growing. We haven't fertilized this spring yet but our grass is more than they are use to .

How do you get a t post in the ground when you hit a solid rock area close to a creek ? You rent a jack hammer / drill !

Last edited:
Had a grownup fence line between us and a neighbors. Wish I had a before and after picture. Neighbors only request was to leave the biggest trees. Going back with T posts and 5-6 strands of barbed wire . Last perimeter fence hopefully we have to replace. View attachment 42312View attachment 42313View attachment 42314

You know, looking at this makes me motivated to get mine done. There are places in the gully forest that resemble fence, but the cows don't pass for some odd reason... I'll get to it, hopefully soon. Weather has been great to work outside. Have a lot of catch up work around here.

I'd like to see a real post driver put a wood post in that ! 😳
🤣🤣🤣

I don't imagine it would be wood....

But it'd be fun to watch! I saw my buddy splinter 3 wood posts one time with his "hammer" driver. Couldn't believe he shattered 3 before he decided to do something else.

Something else I've seen on rock.
Is a plate welded to the bottom of a steel post and the plate bolted down. Not so bad if it's only a couple here and there.

Latest posts