Morning project

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Replacing an old rail gate with a steel one and fixing a few panels of fence. This is between a fenced pasture and open range.

C2 Meadow from the west end

TennesseeTuxedo said:
When I die I wanna go to your place.

My step dad died May 21... my 4 year old son made a comment about how we had to go pick up Pops. We would have to put him in back the truck take him up to his farm and bury him. He already had a place at a cemetery before they bought their farm. I think he would have love to be at their farm.

One of my best friends died when I was in high school. She is buried on these people's farm. Her mother didn't have money for a cemetery plot... not sure if the people who own the farm offer or how that all happened. I know her dad and sisters hate her being there. They worry she will be forgotten. Its actually really beautiful. I feel she would love it she loved the country.

Do you buy those gates Dave or fabricate them yourself? Around here you can only buy very light duty gates that don't hold up too well to any pressure especially from bulls. If I want something a bit better I have to fabricate it myself, usually from our cattle rail which takes pressure very well.
Your grass certainly grows fast. Do you do much fertilising?

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Do you buy those gates Dave or fabricate them yourself? Around here you can only buy very light duty gates that don't hold up too well to any pressure especially from bulls. If I want something a bit better I have to fabricate it myself, usually from our cattle rail which takes pressure very well.
Your grass certainly grows fast. Do you do much fertilising?

Ken

Purchased gate manufactured by Hi Hog, the cost for a 14' medium duty gate was 235.00. I am not much of a welder so that is out of the question but a good rail gate would take two days to build including getting materials and construction. Makes this gate quite cheap considering a rail gate has less than 1/3 expected life time.

We fertilize by winter feeding cows on poor spots. No commercial fertilizer whatsoever. Just shut the flood irrigation off yesterday.

Latest posts