Cool Morning

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
It is 45 degrees out this morning. Makes changing irrigation a entirely different level of fun. Zooming across the field on a quad in a light summer shirt after having the hands in the water might not be as much fun as you would think. But 70 degrees in the afternoon after a month of over 100 is glorious. I will take that trade every day and twice on Sunday...... wait it is Sunday!!! Does that mean I have to go do it again?

Nah, once is enough..... When do you stop irrigating? Is this an indication of the seasons changing?
Officially we are supposed to stop irrigating by Sept 30. There are a few people down the ditch who get stock water from the ditches so I leave a little water running until early December when it starts to freeze up.

😅🤣😂😁😝Yep Sunday!!! I'm getting back on the schedule hurry hurry go go go thing. So far I haven't gotten any days mixed up.....knock on wood. I miss no schedule life. 😓😭 Alarm clocks, schedules, leaving the house aren't my thing.

I would love 80 degrees. Went out a couple hours ago and had to come in after 30 min. heat and humidity is killing me this year. My PA wants me to see a Cardio dr. I told her when I can get someone to cut and bale hay I might have time..

The high here today is supposed to be 78 sure is a nice break from the 90+ weather we've had for weeks on end. Had a couple small rain showers as well, so that's been a huge bonus for us. It's been so dry! Take this type of weather all day long.

Supposed to be back in the 90's all week here... humid too. Oh well, it is summer. We did get nearly 1 1/2 inches of rain FINALLY....after watching it go around us for weeks nearly every day or 2..... helped alot, but really need about a 3 inch 2-3 day soaker.... oh well, we take what we get... pastures might recover a little... only got one cutting hay and not much growth for second... hoping it will start and will cut hay late this fall....LOTTA WEEDS in everything now.

Latest posts