What would you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder

Reaction score
The county has been working on the creek crossing just north of me, really making a mess. Called the County Judge. Keep in mind he is not a Judge in a judical way. He is and elected offical whos job it is to keep the county running. I called him up to try and get him to change what they were doing to the creek. I was fairly nice about it all for the first few minutes .
I got invited to meet him in the county road. Now i was raised a little redneck, and ever time i have been invited to meet someone in the county road it was to get a few knots on my head. To be fair i have handed out about as many knots as i got. Then he threatened to call the people i work for and help me out. I am a contracter for the Arkansas Game and Fish. I don't think he can cause me any problems. Just don't like the being threatened by any one much less a elected offical. Some thoughts on how to handle this with out beating his a$$, if you all don't mind.

First and foremost be cool 8) . If you raise your voice he will to. If he raises his voice just be cool 8) . He will calm down. Go ahead and meet him, he ain't gonna put any knots on your head.

He is an elected official - he shouldn't have any problem with you bringing a friend with you who happens to have a phone with a movie camera to record the minutes of the official county meeting.

I would meet him only if I brought as many local residents as I could that share your concerns (i.e. witnesses). If he gets mad and nasty, get him to threaten your livelyhood (which he has already done) in front of witnesses. At least you'll have a basis for a lawsuit and proof if anything happens.

On the other hand, a wise man once said," never fight a fight that someone else is willing to fight for you." He is an elected official. Seek out his political opponents and get them to fight your fight. I'm sure they would be more than willing. That way you have competing, "good o'le boy networks," fighting each other instead of you taking on one by yourself which, in that scenario, you will probably lose.

He ran for office. He is therefore a politician. He has aspirations. Use it to your advantage.

Isom having a talk with this guy is like talking to Massey 135 if you get my drift. This pecker head would make a preacher cuss.
Highgrit i thought about calling the EPA. But ever body hates the EPA and if he is fighting them it kinda makes him a hero. I don't need that and the guy running agin him doesn't either.
Have been intending to vote for the other guy, now am working to help him get elected.
Mike i have to cross that creek more than any one else. After the first big rise i dought i will be able to cross it the rest of the winter. Its the difference between a 5 mile trip to work and a 30 mile trip to work. 20 mile trip to town or a 70 mile one way trip. I would have been a lot better off if they had of left it alone.
Melking i like the big stick idea way to much.

Keep cool, call the local newspaper and have a reporter attend the meeting!
SL

To get on the agenda to speak at the monthly meeting of the JP's you have to call him to get on the agenda.Not likely to happen. Very rural area here not many locals cross the creek to get to work or any thing else. Most want grip about it but not to any one that matters. He has only done what he did because there will be a large trail ride the 1st weekend in October and alot of people will see all the work he has done. People who don't understand what gonna happen when the creek gets on a rise will think it looks great. Best i can hope for is the creek to get up and wash his handi work down the creek. Then they will all be mad cause they can't cross the creek. With a drought going on i may be out of luck.

Latest posts