what variety of bromegrass have you used or like?

Help Support CattleToday:

capt

Reaction score
I am in the process of reworking some hay fields in a very dry climate that has at the best one irrigation and then must rely on Mother Nature to keep alive. I will plant a cover crop for now and then seed in late summer/early fall with a bromegrass and alfalfa combo and hope our late season rains establish a solid stand. MY QUESTION is this: does anyone have any experience with Lakota Prairie Brome, Regar Brome, or Rebound brome grasses. What would you recommend? Thanks
Capt

Sorry for the delay, just got the computer back up and running.

I am at the edge of the high plains and foothills about 6200 feet elevation in an area of annual precip averages 12 to 15 inches when Mother Nature remembers this area. East of the Continental divide, west of the Chisholm Trail! 37 degrees Latitude 104.5 Longitude.

capt

I am at the edge of the high plains and foothills about 6200 feet elevation in an area of annual precip averages 12 to 15 inches when Mother Nature remembers this area. East of the Continental divide, west of the Chisholm Trail! 37 degrees Latitude 104.5 Longitude.

capt

capt

Latest posts