What name?

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411":64au3s1q said:
Alice, what is the red on his back end? It looks like blood?

It's paint stick. There people that go from diary to dairy on sale day loading up baby calves to take to the auction and mark them with different colors for identification. I've had green and red and blue and black and orange and pink and combinations of those colors. Some are marked on the head or the butt or the head and butt or........you name it.

Alice

Alice, after viewing your pic, I was reminded of one of our calves from the face markings. This pic was taken when he was a day old. Now over a year and probably headed for the freezer if I can talk the wife into it.

storm_close-up.JPG

Oh, and there is no question as to his breeding. Pure LH.

warpaint":28ec1x8a said:
Alice, after viewing your pic, I was reminded of one of our calves from the face markings. This pic was taken when he was a day old. Now over a year and probably headed for the freezer if I can talk the wife into it.

storm_close-up.JPG

Well, well, well, would ya' look at that. Cool.

I'm almost certain this one is longhorn holstein cross, if for no other reason than the paint stick on him pretty much indicates he was picked up at a dairy around here and delivered to the auction with a bunch of other dairy babies from different dairies. It's just those black slashes around his eyes...those Joan Crawford eyebrows that look so much like the black slashes on the Randall lineback. Whatever...he'll most likely go back to the sale when he gets significantly larger or someone'll drop by here looking for a calf to raise out.

Thanks for the pic.

Alice

warpaint":wow6pqbd said:

storm_close-up.JPG

He AIN"T GOING TOTHE FREEZER!!!!!!!! Our pot bellied baby. He is as worthless as any of our dogs. Ain't good for nothin' but he is still our first baby. He is a conversation piece and Kelly is going to use him in school demos because he is smaller and he is also halter boke and of course he is just cute.

warpaint":67494nbz said:
Conversation piece he may be, but the conversation is gettin OLD!!!

Cute don't put money in the bank or meat in the freezer.

But it keeps mama happy... :lol:

Alice

Alice":fsfhi7j1 said:
warpaint":fsfhi7j1 said:
Conversation piece he may be, but the conversation is gettin OLD!!!

Cute don't put money in the bank or meat in the freezer.

But it keeps mama happy... :lol:

Alice

Alice, beleive me we have this same argument everytime I go home. He's a pain in the be nice and wouldn't even make a decent rug!! :shock:

WagaAgeyv":c11w8ev2 said:
He AIN"T GOING TOTHE FREEZER!!!!!!!! Our pot bellied baby. He is as worthless as any of our dogs. Ain't good for nothin' but he is still our first baby. He is a conversation piece and Kelly is going to use him in school demos because he is smaller and he is also halter boke and of course he is just cute.

YOU GO GIRL! GET EM! :D

Since we (my son and I) are the ones who tend to the farm he is our pet, like I said much like a worthless dog but he is our worthless dog) and has already gotten Kelly one Scholarship from TLBT so :p . That and we love him.

warpaint":t4h3hf18 said:
She's talking about a monetary reward that Kelly won with a picture of Storm and him, in our affiliation. ;-)

share the photo,I wanna seeeee

WagaAgeyv":3gd1fngf said:
KellykissingStorm-1.jpg

This was done just a month before his first show in February in Jackson MS. He was seven months old.

That is a picture Norman Rockwell couldn't improve upon. :)

Alice

I'm just curious Alice, was that $17.50 total or per hundred? Donna

See, I told my husband about your buy and he simply didn't believe me. I know that you always manage the find the good buys. I guess if I hung out at the sale barn more I might find them, too. I'm not into the babies right now. I have too many other things going on. But I wouldn't be able to pass on 17.50. It would be really hard not to make money on that. I need to start looking for another freezer beef, too. July's gonna be ready to send pretty soon and I'll need to get another to fatten up. I'm running out of beef in the deep freeze and I hate to buy it at the store.

July's looking more delicious every day, and he's turning into a butthead, so it'll be easy to see him off!

Latest posts