What kind of crops could you grow ??

Help Support CattleToday:

No that is what the realtor said. I have not seen the property, but would like to soon. Do you grow striata or Stipulaua lespedeza. I am going to plant lespedeza and orchard grass. Hoping to get 2 tons an acre?

Dear SuperNew............Are you sure you really want to run cattle? One thing I've found is the folks who do well with cattle love their land as much as they love their cattle! Listen to Running Arrow Bill, and decide where YOU want to live then find a way to make cattle work for you, on the land YOU want to live on!

Dear Running Arrow Bill FYI it is only Cold Cold north if I90 for nine months each year and then it becomes Hot Hot the other three!....lol

John

Supernewtocattle":184gedan said:
No that is what the realtor said. I have not seen the property, but would like to soon. Do you grow striata or Stipulaua lespedeza. I am going to plant lespedeza and orchard grass. Hoping to get 2 tons an acre?

Annual lespedeza is grown as a minor part of grazing systems. I like OG, but don't be too close minded about fescue. If there is any grass growing on it other then the odd scrub native types it probably has KY31 fescue, endophyte and all.
I'm not sure where the NRCS office is for that area, but if you happen to come through Lebanon there is an office very handy to the interstate. They have a bunch of publications that are slotted towards grazing in the Ozarks.
Your tax dollars pay for this stuff, you might just as well take advantage of whatever ehlp they can provide.

dun

SimmAngus":fiqdwqvj said:
Dear SuperNew............Are you sure you really want to run cattle? One thing I've found is the folks who do well with cattle love their land as much as they love their cattle! Listen to Running Arrow Bill, and decide where YOU want to live then find a way to make cattle work for you, on the land YOU want to live on!

Dear Running Arrow Bill FYI it is only Cold Cold north if I90 for nine months each year and then it becomes Hot Hot the other three!....lol

John

LOL! I lived in the Redfield/Aberdeen area for about 8 months...arrived in February, left in October... Are they still growing a lot of sunflowers in SD for a cash crop? And, the "Pheasants" ... still going strong?

Latest posts