What Is Wrong?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not certain why so many are so irritated with Ravens membership on CT. Sure he can be polarizing, but this board would be pretty dull without him and he actually contributes significantly on issues like AI, vaccines, and Simm cattle. He challenges many to think at another level.
This most recent thread is an example. It was actually locked and then unlocked thankfully. Couldnt really see where any rules were violated.
I agree with hurley, this board is what people make it. Choose to be positive and great things can happen.

I said my piece. Mod2 told me to shut up. I stand by my original post. Other Users have expressed their opinions about the board in the past. The only difference is that my views are contrary to theirs. Why some can critique the board and I cannot is only for the Moderators to know. I have nothing more to add.

Bright Raven said:
If expressing an opposing opinion is "stirring the pot", call it that.

The board would benefit by more balance. Not everyone wears the same brand of underwear. It is still my wish that a more diverse universe of people would be welcome as users.

Just out of curiosity. What's the best underwear out there ?
Mine are too small in the waist but too big in the leg. It's like trying to put underwear on a ballon 😂

Cross-7 said:
Bright Raven said:
If expressing an opposing opinion is "stirring the pot", call it that.

The board would benefit by more balance. Not everyone wears the same brand of underwear. It is still my wish that a more diverse universe of people would be welcome as users.

Just out of curiosity. What's the best under out there ?
Mine are too small in the waist but too big in the leg. It's like trying to put underwear on a ballon 😂

I said I didn't have any more to add but this is too important to leave unaddressed or should I say undressed.

Don't buy Fruit Of The Loom. Too cheap.

Try Ralph Lauren.

Best underwear is Fruit of the Loom with the smooth elastic waistband, not the bunched up kind of waistband.

bball said:
Im not certain why so many are so irritated with Ravens membership on CT. Sure he can be polarizing, but this board would be pretty dull without him and he actually contributes significantly on issues like AI, vaccines, and Simm cattle. He challenges many to think at another level.
This most recent thread is an example. It was actually locked and then unlocked thankfully. Couldnt really see where any rules were violated.
I agree with hurley, this board is what people make it. Choose to be positive and great things can happen.

There has been multiple resurrections.
There won't be another one.
The thread was locked by accident. When I discovered it was I unlocked.
Let's quit acting like a pack of dogs trying to kill one.
Now let's find something positive to talk about.

ga.prime said:
Best underwear is Fruit of the Loom with the smooth elastic waistband, not the bunched up kind of waistband.
Mine are so old they don't have a waist band anymore.. My jeans hold em up...

I went back and reread the OP before I have written this. I would consider myself one of the more senior users of the Board now yet far from being back near the beginning as some of you are. I would agree with BR's post. I think there is too much suspicion especially to new members. What often brings new members to the board is to get an answer to a problem they have and of course most won't stick around once they have an answer to their problem, many won''t even stick around to see the answer, however the occaisional one will. If they are rudely attacked and accused of being a reincarnation of someone fro the past they certainly won't stick around. Questions they have do help to contribute to the discussion overall.

I have frequently suspected I have said something that I have perceived to be as Ron described as an affront to the manhood of "the real American cowboy" and been brushed off without anyone giving real thought to what I posted. I am very easy going these days and just plug along and enjoy reading here each day and give my views on a subject from time to time and I do like seeing I have had a few "likes" to an occaisional post.

I think it is useless lamenting the loss of old users, things move on. I think at the moment we have a few new members that are contributing well to the discussion and then the problem solving questions all add up. I think if the suspicion was cut back and everyone remained more positive would be a great step forward.

Ken

Mod2 said:
bball said:

There has been multiple resurrections.
There won't be another one.
The thread was locked by accident. When I discovered it was I unlocked.
Let's quit acting like a pack of dogs trying to kill one.
Now let's find something positive to talk about.

Now youre talkin hoss!
I'll go first. I am POSITIVE this polar vortex is going to be a right, cold monster!

haase said:
The only things that has changed over the years on this board is people and that's no different than our country, years back people argued over breeds of cattle and breed pimping really nothing wrong with that, now people are trying to push agendas and usually start bringing politics or religion in, and that's what gets threads locked. .

The longer it goes on it the more I tend to agree with dun when he apposed the "Everything Else" category and even Coffee Shop. Seems like a larger and larger percentage of posts are of the Coffee Shop or Everything Else variety and a smaller percentage having anything whatsoever to do with cattle. I'm just as guilty as everyone else. Look where I'm posting. :???:

I am one of the new members here, having only been on for a year and one-half. I have different views on a lot of political and social topics than most here. But I will say this. Whenever I have asked for advice or help dealing with cattle, hay, pasture or equipment, there is not a single person, that is a regular on this Board, that has ever refused to try and help me or give me advice. Even some that are diametrically opposed to my views are the first to reach out to try and help me. For that, I thank you all!

Well, i hate to confess this, but i might as well do it.
The wife popped off for Christmas and got me a couple pairs of those high dollar Duluth drawers to try because some gal told her she had bought her man some and he said they were the best he ever wore.
I was skeptical. However, after wearing them, i have to tell you, i have never wore something so comfortable. I am a skin flint, i mean 9$ RK jeans cheap, and i will have no reservations about ordering a few more pairs of Duluth drawers.

wbvs58 said:
I went back and reread the OP before I have written this. I would consider myself one of the more senior users of the Board now yet far from being back near the beginning as some of you are. I would agree with BR's post. I think there is too much suspicion especially to new members. What often brings new members to the board is to get an answer to a problem they have and of course most won't stick around once they have an answer to their problem, many won''t even stick around to see the answer, however the occaisional one will. If they are rudely attacked and accused of being a reincarnation of someone fro the past they certainly won't stick around. Questions they have do help to contribute to the discussion overall.

I have frequently suspected I have said something that I have perceived to be as Ron described as an affront to the manhood of "the real American cowboy" and been brushed off without anyone giving real thought to what I posted. I am very easy going these days and just plug along and enjoy reading here each day and give my views on a subject from time to time and I do like seeing I have had a few "likes" to an occaisional post.

I think it is useless lamenting the loss of old users, things move on. I think at the moment we have a few new members that are contributing well to the discussion and then the problem solving questions all add up. I think if the suspicion was cut back and everyone remained more positive would be a great step forward.

Ken

Ken,

You offer a tone that transcends the rhetoric. Thank you.

Oh, how I miss the "like/heart" button! I have learned so much from this board and I thank everyone that has contributed. I try to stay away from anything considered controversial but I'm not easily offended & will sometimes peruse "hot topics" - and then go on my merry way & pet my cows. I do miss a lot of the previous members because they had so much to contribute but lifestyles change, people move on.

Duluth Trading Company underwear, gentlemen!

Thanking my lucky stars Polar Vortex isn't hitting my neck of the woods. Highs in the low 20's Wed, wind chill negative that night but this, too, shall pass. At least I'm not calving for another 3 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts