What Is Wrong?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
sstterry said:
ALACOWMAN said:
ga.prime said:
Best underwear is Fruit of the Loom with the smooth elastic waistband, not the bunched up kind of waistband.
Mine are so old they don't have a waist band anymore.. My jeans hold em up...

I have to use twine to hold mine up. But, it does get itchy some!

You really should be using net wrap over twine, it is by far the best, and is easier to remove.

As long as your undes aren't frozen.

I think BR's comments on vaccines are very helpful. There is room on here for a variety of views and solutions to many problems. And I quit wearin underwear about 20 years ago.

bball said:
Well, i hate to confess this, but i might as well do it.
The wife popped off for Christmas and got me a couple pairs of those high dollar Duluth drawers to try because some gal told her she had bought her man some and he said they were the best he ever wore.
I was skeptical. However, after wearing them, i have to tell you, i have never wore something so comfortable. I am a skin flint, i mean 9$ RK jeans cheap, and i will have no reservations about ordering a few more pairs of Duluth drawers.
they the no stink type?? Like to have some of those..threw mine in the floor the other night ,,and my dog ran out gaggin....

snoopdog said:
I think BR's comments on vaccines are very helpful. There is room on here for a variety of views and solutions to many problems. And I quit wearin underwear about 20 years ago.

I appreciate the comment on vaccines but it's not that big of a deal. When I depart, someone will occupy that space. We don't last that long.

I have been instructed i'm not allowed to argue so I am just here to say hello.

I enjoy coming here. It's the only social outlet that I use other than in person. I found CT by doing a google search trying to learn how to breed a certain type of crossbred. But the truth is, unless you have a very unusual or specific issue, a google search will usually turn up a wealth of previously discussed threads relating to your issue. Therefore, I think a lot of 'would be new users' simply find the answer they are looking for and move on. Then you have the one and dones. But either way, I usually thoroughly enjoy cruising CT every night.

And FWIW, Steve is exactly right. I have never had anyone here who didn't try to help me when I had a cattle related issue. And I genuinely believe, that any of the regular members here would give any of the others the shirt off their back should the need arise. And in the end, for me, that's what it's all about.

I mostly lurk (daily) after discovering CT about eleven years ago when googling Angus defects. Really enjoy some of threads and not easily offended (I think it's an Australian thing to ' take the mickey' ). That was a great post Ken. Totally agree.

lol. I haven't been on this board for so long, not much has changed. Like going to the local bar, same ol faces with the same ol stories. I see BR is still setting down at the end of the bar trying to get something started, and the bar tender has to threaten to throw him out.

Blue Dawg said:
lol. I haven't been on this board for so long, not much has changed. Like going to the local bar, same ol faces with the same ol stories. I see BR is still setting down at the end of the bar trying to get something started, and the bar tender has to threaten to throw him out.
4 pages of comments and this one sums it all up in one sentence. :banana:

diana55 said:
I mostly lurk (daily) after discovering CT about eleven years ago when googling Angus defects. Really enjoy some of threads and not easily offended (I think it's an Australian thing to ' take the mickey' ). That was a great post Ken. Totally agree.

What ever happened to the Australia thread that went on for years? I enjoyed following that thread and seeing your perspective and cattle. I think the big problem is when several folks go out of there way to goad someone. Then they can all snicker when that person lashes out. :2cents:

We do not monitor for truth or content that gets rooted out by the members. Tone usually triggers most complaints. A small group garners most of the complaints. Upon investigation it is usually the same members pushing an agenda to the point of insult in most cases followed by personal (or perceived) attack. This group seems to lack the good judgment or ability of knowing when to stop.This is where the problem begin.
I have tried avoiding a permanent ban along with IP's this approach doesn't seem to be working.
Again
Being a general pain in the butt is not against the rules. Politics, religion, name calling, personal attacks, threatening is. Unless I'm alerted to it I don't usually see the things that are found disagreeable. My standard fix is to go through and sort out the bad posts or those that link to it... I prefer to not lock threads unless they have gotten so far off track they can't recover to the OP.

Let's get back to sharing each other's life experiences and wisdom.

Mod2 said:

Motorcycles are dangerous.
Nothing good happens after 2AM.
Always wear clean underwear.
If you're going in for planned surgery, please shower first. Those of us at the hospital appreciate it.
Brush your teeth before going on a date.
You shouldn't buy cheap jeans except for wearing in the field.
Showing up on time is more important than a lot of other quantifiers.
Life is short, make the best of it.

Bestoutwest said:
Mod2 said:

Motorcycles are dangerous.
Nothing good happens after 2AM.
Always wear clean underwear.
If you're going in for planned surgery, please shower first. Those of us at the hospital appreciate it.
Brush your teeth before going on a date.
You shouldn't buy cheap jeans except for wearing in the field.
Showing up on time is more important than a lot of other quantifiers.
Life is short, make the best of it.

I've heard motorcycles are dangerous for 45 years and I'm still here. How dangerous are airplanes? For some reason coin and stamp collecting doesn't do anything for me.

Bestoutwest said:
Mod2 said:

Motorcycles are dangerous.....no they aren't. Had one sitting in my garage for a year and it never harmed a soul.
Nothing good happens after 2AM...Really? Some of my best work was between 2am and daybreak.

OK view almost daily, don't comment unless pretty sure I can help. Been watching/reading this subject. Don't really know how I feel 'bout it, Have communicated with Ron, he more liberal than me, more conservative than some. He does like to "stir the pot. Is that good or bad I don't know. Want to commend Mod 2 on time to review posts and decide if proper, as he takes his/her time to do that, and letting board members know decision. That time has led to me understanding why post is locked or continue to persevere. Don't have much advice on cattle but read and follow all subjects on board,
W. Lamar Parmer, DVM

La mayoría de la gente en Argentina habla español. Espero que usen mayormente foros argentinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.