What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a failure?

Help Support CattleToday:

Fail Your Way To The Top
Here is my microwave version and formula for success, It's really quite simple: double your rate of failure. Many think that failure is permanent and the enemy of success, but it really isn't at all. You can let failures stop you or you can learn from them. So go ahead and make mistakes, make all you can. Those who get what they want have a high tolerance for failure. They have learned that the only real failure is when you stop trying.
Bill Sparkman "The Coach"

I'm probably going to hear the results of our TAI with America semen soon. I am uneasy, and prepared for the worst. One thing is for sure, if a bunch failed to settle, which could be the case with TAI, then I will get them all lined up and do the darn thing again until I get every last one. No matter how long it takes I want those calves!

Not bragging, but that is what works for me. Persistence, as you mentioned above, is what gets things done.

I think people were tougher in the "old days" they had insane amounts of grit. Today many people fold like a deck of cards at the first sign of adversity.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Fail Your Way To The Top
Here is my microwave version and formula for success, It's really quite simple: double your rate of failure. Many think that failure is permanent and the enemy of success, but it really isn't at all. You can let failures stop you or you can learn from them. So go ahead and make mistakes, make all you can. Those who get what they want have a high tolerance for failure. They have learned that the only real failure is when you stop trying.

One of the guys that mentored me had a saying that stuck with me.
Mistakes are part of life making the same mistake again is failing the stupid test.

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Fail Your Way To The Top

One of the guys that mentored me had a saying that stuck with me.
Mistakes are part of life making the same mistake again is failing the stupid test.

Along the same lines, i was told when i was young "if you keep doing the same thing and expect a different result you wont go far" I always think of this when something doesn't work out the way i hoped i start thinking of a completely different approach.

Has anyone ever noticed that Andy Griffith always had at least one pant leg hung up on the top of his boot?

Good points all.

I have learned so much from my mistakes I plan to keep making some.

Latest posts