What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a failure?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
In my case...never to become complacent. Lost focus for a period, relaxed, forgot to always challenge myself... big mistake!

Anyone else with a lesson we can perhaps learn from?

Not trying is the biggest failure. I think everyone has failures, it's how you handle them that really matters.

Failing means you had the courage to try. It makes you stronger and wiser. I have failed at a few things in life but those failures has put me where I am today and Iam pretty blessed.

Looking back I regret getting into the Dairy Business. Actually grew up in a family dairy and thought that was the only way to make a living. After ten years I sold out the cows and equipment and went to work in a professional job with a company with great benefits. This move made it possible to have a great SS check and a pension check plus all of the 401k Money I socked away. If I had not done this I would not be going to the farm to roll some hay. Now I realize that the beef herd may not be such a great idea either. If I had not went to work I would not have the means to keep the beef herd. Yeh great I get a big tax write off because it is a losing proposition. Now I did buy some land cheap many years ago and it is about ripe to sell.

Failure is the only route to winning in the long term. There have been a lot of people that were winning in the beginning only to fail later on in life.

People only learn when they have the crap beat out of them, metaphorically speaking.

Failure can be a great motivator for some folks, and it can be the "Coup de grâce" for others. It's best to be in the first camp.

I don't think people are "failures" so to say, they just didn't pick themselves back up and keep going. Life marches forward and those that quit, are usually swallowed whole in this game of life.

That's my philosophy for what it's worth. Probably not much. LOL!

Latest posts