What combination of breeds made this heifer?

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
Since I got to running my big mouth on the coffee shop and had to jump on the computer, I thought I would post this commercial heifer with a really nice coat pattern.
WP_000926.jpg

She has some Brindle stripe's I am thinking it could be a Brimmer over a Super Baldie as well.

I had an old super baldie that would throw a red tiger stripe one with a Hereford once in a while.

Thanks everyone, she showed up with some pairs and I have never seen her nurse. Very tame, though.

Head, neck and navel say Brangus ...... Diluted color and size say Tigerstripe .
Brangus X (Hereford x Brahman) Tigerstripe

Thank you for all of the help. The mystery has been solved, well sorta. I saw her nurse and she is growing like a weed. That is because momma is built like a box car on a freight train. She is a LARGE framed tigerstripe cow with a short tail and long tail switch. She is long and deep with tons of capacity, easily pushing 1800 pounds. She is the kind of cow you see that tosses around a round bale like a lollipop.
The pair belongs to the guy renting our old place, she ain't mine. He owes me a few favors and recently I herded some of his calves that were on the road and put em on my place until I could run them through a gap. If the gal had somehow got mixed up in a truckload when he was moving cattle from one place to another I was going to buy her and feed her.
For about a week I kept my eye on her and watched to make sure she was nursing. Tried to get photos of mom but she will start running if I look at her for more than five seconds. The guy owns about ten Brangus bulls and about ten Charolais bulls so the sire is probably one of his Brangus bulls.

The thought of feeding her and getting her up to weight is not something my wife or my wallet will tolerate. :lol:

That's my concern with the f1 Brahma cross too. Most hereford bulls being used in this cross arent toning down the 1500-1700lb purebred brahma cows as much as I'd like.

Rowdy":1syuc0q3 said:
That's my concern with the f1 Brahma cross too. Most hereford bulls being used in this cross arent toning down the 1500-1700lb purebred brahma cows as much as I'd like.
Really I have no idea that you have Brahman.....

JWBrahman":1xyo8uj6 said:
Thank you for all of the help. The mystery has been solved, well sorta. I saw her nurse and she is growing like a weed. That is because momma is built like a box car on a freight train. She is a LARGE framed tigerstripe cow with a short tail and long tail switch. She is long and deep with tons of capacity, easily pushing 1800 pounds. She is the kind of cow you see that tosses around a round bale like a lollipop.The pair belongs to the guy renting our old place, she ain't mine. He owes me a few favors and recently I herded some of his calves that were on the road and put em on my place until I could run them through a gap. If the gal had somehow got mixed up in a truckload when he was moving cattle from one place to another I was going to buy her and feed her.
For about a week I kept my eye on her and watched to make sure she was nursing. Tried to get photos of mom but she will start running if I look at her for more than five seconds. The guy owns about ten Brangus bulls and about ten Charolais bulls so the sire is probably one of his Brangus bulls.

The thought of feeding her and getting her up to weight is not something my wife or my wallet will tolerate. :lol:
sounds like to much cow.. for no more calf than your getting...when bred to the right bull that calf should be a standout

Taurus":3izijbzj said:
Rowdy":3izijbzj said:
Really I have no idea that you have Brahman.....

I've got all kinds of cool **** dude, just sit back.

Here's my Brahman heifers -there's a cpl- first calves in there. Covered by purebred Shorthorn bull - a Saskvalley Bonanza son.

One of the best all around looking calves next to me is a Brangus x Shorthorn heifer. Nice stock, Rowdy

Thanks JW. I have a dark roan shorthorn bull with my brangus cows now. They are good looking cows but a little flatter/plainer than I prefer. I'm hoping he will put some base width and a good level hip on that cross. I'd do cartwheels to get some blue roan 3/16 Brahma heifers out of the deal.

Latest posts