What are you using to apply pour on’s?

Help Support CattleToday:

I still have a plastic ladle that came with a gallon of DeLice once.I also bought a small squeeze bottle of Ultra Boss and just refill it from a gallon jug. Easy to see if you are getting the right dose. I do,however,use these when they are in the chute.
If I can't get them to the chute I just mix a spray tank full and spray them when I call them in to the mineral or grain trough.
Back rubs are the easiest if you can build a place where they are "forced" through to get to mineral feeders or on the feeder itself.

Mine are only applied when in chute - and weighed. I use gun that is designated for product. I also have the old long handle plastic cut for DeLice. I will line them up in alleyway in fall and apply based on their July weight so we can run a dozen thru at a time.

The stuff we buy comes with a sprayer. I call them all over for a big giant feeding of grain to give me time. I stand up on the fence and just pour it on all of them. When we have lots of cows we do them in batches of 4-6. Whoever doesn't get sprayed gets a lovely walk down to the squeeze and I pour it on in there.

Jokes aside, have you ever noticed that all cows in a group do not need to be treated? I use pour on wormer on calves and a fly pour on for cows. I had them up once and realized that I was out of fly pour on so I just treated the calves. I had about the same effect of fly control as if I had treated all. And we have all noticed that some animals are fly magnets. Research says that flies are less attracted to small cattle with thicker hair patterns (more hairs per area).

I used a pvc pipe with a 90 degree elbow on it today with decent results. I need to block the pipe end by the elbow so the pour on doesn't flow back towards me.

Latest posts