What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":186snbmi said:
Which was 1/2 the price of an ice cold San Miguel longneck back then...

That reminds me of a story I heard my father's old buddy tell a number of times. The properietor of the local beer joint at the time bragged that he'd never run out of change, and if he did he'd buy the house a round. I don't know the exact time, but it was probably the early 1960's. This guy and two co-workers decided to try him one Friday after work. They'd just gotten paid for the week's work with $20.00 bills. Beer was 10¢ each, or three for 25¢. They walked in and sat down, and one of them ordered a round. He gave the proprietor a $20.00, and of course received $19.75 in change. They repeated this until they'd each paid for a round, and when it got back to the first guy he paid for the round with another $20.00 instead of using a quarter, and they kept that up. I'm told they did finally get all his change, and the free round for the house, but it took a while.

Rattlesnake sausage.

8h2K0Xfl.jpg

Greybeard you can send a couple my way, when I am in Texas I'll drive 100 miles outta my way to go through West and leave there in a sugar coma everytime. I dont eat a lot of sweets but kolaches are a weakness of mine. Theres quite a few czech bakeries around here to though and I rarely pass one without stopping.

That's why I decided to try to learn to make my own. Nearest place I know of to get them on a regular basis, is right at 100 miles from me too. Brenham or Caldwell.

Latest posts