What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Careful CP, there will be nothing left of you two after that diet...at least have a BLT afterwards ;-). Seriously though, they are not that bad...I close my eyes, block my nose and glug it down, saves on cooking and it's green so must be healthy and liberating :p .

Jo, that BLT sure got my mouth watering. Winter here and I haven't had a tasty tomato in an age.

Green beans sauteed with garlic, roasted new potatoes, tomatoes and fresh cukes, all from my wife's first garden, along with grilled chicken and the best hot sauce I have ever tasted.

Mmm, mmm

Ramadan swine tempered with yard bird and stuff from the garden.

13557862_1586883441609549_454689275277331329_n.jpg

ga.prime":3e211ruf said:
Shake and bake? :D

Now that GA brought it up, it sure looks like shake and bake! And if I enlarge the photo enough I think I see the corner of a bag of frozen Veggies in the pic! :shock: say it ain't so Jo!

Kidding, just joking ahhhhhh, just having fun...... Sorry...... Ahhhhh :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

:lol:

I know you are kidding Alan. Heck, everyone knows Shake and Bake has all to do with NASCAR and nothing to do with cooking. :lol2:

I'm impressed. I can't say I know anyone who has their own malt making machine. You gotta be a serious malt maker to own one I suspect. I be they are good. I used to work in a restaurant that had one of those and when we would clean up at night we had to dump all the extra and that's when my experiments began. That was fun and delicious as well.

I actually have 2 of them--the one in the pic and a 3 spindle mixer I'm rebuilding. Both were made in the 40s. It's just a pita to make shakes or malts with the single mixer for all the grandkids at once when they visit.
The other one will look like this when I get the switches rebuilt and brushes made for it:
a07f2fd7f19e1a7e5c76788fe7cc66fb.jpg

greybeard":1i4elimn said:
I actually have 2 of them--the one in the pic and a 3 spindle mixer I'm rebuilding. Both were made in the 40s. It's just a pita to make shakes or malts with the single mixer for all the grandkids at once when they visit.
The other one will look like this when I get the switches rebuilt and brushes made for it:
a07f2fd7f19e1a7e5c76788fe7cc66fb.jpg

My parents owned a hamburger stand in 1960-62 (A&W) and my dad kept on like that when they sold. Maintained it himself and we had shakes a few times a year, loved them good memories. He decided to get rid of it a few years ago and mentioned it to one of my younger sisters first...she had it in her car within a couple of minutes, before anyone else knew about him giving it away..damm her. :lol:

Wow! I commend you. This is something many kids will never see or understand. I'll never forget learning how to use one. Looks so easy till you do it and don't know what you are doing. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Yep, I overflowed the first couple I made, and then made a heck of a mess with just plain water when cleaning up the spindle/agitators.
They're pretty easy to find on CL and eBay. and parts are available from a online source or 2.

Anyone that is intersted, try to find one close by--they are heavy (porcelain over cast iron) and shipping will be a killer.

GB, I have the soda fountain to go with that mixer.

Last night's supper from a new Mexican place in town. This thing has chicken, fajita, shrimp, sausage and bacon.

Latest posts