What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Yip, they are fries. You can make some bunny chow over there and pretend you are in SA for a moment ;-) . Must say I love curry dishes.

Chicken made me hungry BF I had to make some

IMG_20160714_245033644_zps0mcsrrpy.jpg

Love 1/4's. Can catch them on sale sometime for .39 a pound in a 10 pound bag. I usually grab a couple bags and cook some for the neighbors. At less than $9.00 for 20 pounds of chicken, I can afford to be generous.

millstreaminn":29zyh6o0 said:
Love 1/4's. Can catch them on sale sometime for .39 a pound in a 10 pound bag. I usually grab a couple bags and cook some for the neighbors. At less than $9.00 for 20 pounds of chicken, I can afford to be generous.

:lol2: I love them too.

Chicken breeders have just about bred flavor and tenderness out of chicken breast. Thighs, drumsticks and wings are what I go for these days.

We are having some friends over this weekend. Going to load the smoker up with brisket, pork butts and ribs. Will put up some pics if turns out good......lol

Vett, speaking of breeding the taste out..... I have a cousin who used to be the president of Midwestern University. He said years ago when he was a professor that he and his students worked on a project to "breed up" sweet corn varieties. It was a successful endeavor. However more recently the goal now is to "breed" the taste back bc the taste had been bred out. I don't necessarily go along with trying to manipulate nature.

1982vett":33e4f8a5 said:
Chicken breeders have just about bred flavor and tenderness out of chicken breast. Thighs, drumsticks and wings are what I go for these days.

When I moved from Alabama to Georgia the first thing I noticed was the blandness of the chicken I bought in Georgia. I asked about this and I was told the chickens I had been used to eating were older birds - or birds as you say that were not bred up. Huge difference in taste it was.

Latest posts