What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Had a meeting and ate out today

IMG_20160715_132403597_zpslvdlrlch.jpg

IMG_20160715_134416071_zpsbpxy8hns.jpg

Jogeephus":1kl8kodq said:
1982vett":1kl8kodq said:
Chicken breeders have just about bred flavor and tenderness out of chicken breast. Thighs, drumsticks and wings are what I go for these days.

When I moved from Alabama to Georgia the first thing I noticed was the blandness of the chicken I bought in Georgia. I asked about this and I was told the chickens I had been used to eating were older birds - or birds as you say that were not bred up. Huge difference in taste it was.
:D I must be buying 3 year old hens then......buy a 5 lb bag of frozen boneless breast and you get about 6 or 7 pieces. Gotta beat it with a maul to tenderize it a little. :lol: old(er) birds would definitely account for toughness.

You may be buying cockerels. :lol2:

I think most of the chicken I bought in Alabama came from Goldkist and if I remember right they were raising them 3 weeks longer. There was a lot of flesh on these birds compared to that in Georgia but the ones in Georgia were full of yellow fat and relatively little flesh.

I had a turkey sandwich on sourdough. I piled on mayonnaise, mustard a big fat slab of onion, tomato, and pickle, all of which were home grown, and two pieces of cheese. I didn't even notice that I forgot the turkey until I saw it sitting on the counter when I cleared my plate. :dunce: I didn't miss it much.

cow pollinater":33nqrlfg said:
I had a turkey sandwich on sourdough. ... I didn't even notice that I forgot the turkey
:) Christmas future at grandpa pollinater's in a few years ..........
and that children is what put me on the road to becoming the vegetarian that I am today.

alisonb":l6g0ek7y said:
Yip, they are fries. You can make some bunny chow over there and pretend you are in SA for a moment ;-) . Must say I love curry dishes.

Curry dishes are way too hard to cook! I go to an Indian/Nepali restaurant that's about an hour away once a month to get my fix!!

M-5":3pmkumzf said:
ga.prime":3pmkumzf said:

I Like oakree any way it is fixed

Yea you like it with stewed tomatoes? Gotta love southern food, best food on earth! Been to old times buffet in tifton down by you, heck of great food. Only thing we got in Nebraska is fantastic corn fed beef but the tea is unsweet and the only sides are a potato and lettuce salad, people here don't know how to eat!

If you want some good Southern food and the best dessert bar anywhere, try Nabila's Garden Restaurant in Fitzgerald, GA. 100 Health Score every month. I always check that before I choose a place to eat. You never know these days. Nabila's is the best and has the most choices every day.

Williamsv":2bh4rnm4 said:
If you want some good Southern food and the best dessert bar anywhere, try Nabila's Garden Restaurant in Fitzgerald, GA. 100 Health Score every month. I always check that before I choose a place to eat. You never know these days. Nabila's is the best and has the most choices every day.

Thanks Mrs Williamson we'll have to give it a try. The Chinese buffet in Fitzgerald is alright but not the cleanest for sure, it was a one and done for us.
M5, there's places that don't serve grits and cornbread also. But I'm sure glad that I don't live there.

Latest posts