What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Eating them now but I may be drinking them later.

12002205_1492908644340363_7035240219501176380_n.jpg

Didn't get a picture, but man I put a hurting on a seafood platter at Papadeax's in Houston. It might of been breaded boot leather, but after only eating one real meal in 5 days, and that being 2 days previous, it tasted rather devine to me.

Anyone have any suggestions of good hole in the wall type joints down there, especially around the medical district?

TexasBred":2oh1r2wv said:
That Everclear make pretty tasty pear preserves??? :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Of course you would notice that :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I didn't until you said something. The Everclear heightens my taste buds sensitivity so that I can truly taste the preserves and know what to add or not too. :p

skyhightree1":360nj5ad said:
TexasBred":360nj5ad said:
That Everclear make pretty tasty pear preserves??? :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Of course you would notice that :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I didn't until you said something. The Everclear heightens my taste buds sensitivity so that I can truly taste the preserves and know what to add or not too. :p
Probably helps cut through the....cheese too...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know Bigfoot, I never had any burgoo. Brunswick Stew has many variations but most will include pork (traditionally taken from parts of the hog like the head and feet), chicken, ground beef, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, peas, corn, and barbecue sauce or the ingredients of barbecue sauce. Is that kind of like burgoo? My wife is an expert Brunswick Stew maker.

Here's a pic of when she was making it-

1982vett":1y08otvq said:
skyhightree1":1y08otvq said:
TexasBred":1y08otvq said:

Probably helps cut through the....cheese too...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2: ;-)

Bigfoot":oyr3cngh said:
Yes, they sound like the same thing. I knew they looked similar.
I remember the first time I ate burgoo Just crossed into Kentuck from Illinois. I make a point to visit BBQ joints when I ride the country. I had BBQ lamb. When I was ordering they asked what sides I wanted. When I asked what burgoo was and they told me, I said so I can have smoked meat with a side of meat? I'll take that.

I'd say it is very much like Brunswick stew. Different places just add a few different things and maybe different smoked meats. I always use chicken and pork mixed in. The burgoo around Paducah had lamb in it.

That and corn bread is great...

Tomatoes from the garden.
For the past few days I've been addicted to tomatoes.
A bountiful harvest. The last several years my tomatoes haven't been anything to brag about. I don't put enough time or care
into them. But this years have been exceptional, even if they are a bit later than usual. Surprising because all I put in were nothing special Celebrities, super cheap discount clearance on 6 little plants I picked up on a whim at Menards.

When I was a kid, I loved tomatoes with a little sugar sprinkled on them.
When I got old, I preferred them with a little salt.
These have reminded me that a good garden fresh tomato needs nothing, but to be washed and eaten.
A simple pleasure. :)

Son of Butch":2c3cvijb said:
Tomatoes from the garden.
For the past few days I've been addicted to tomatoes.
A bountiful harvest. The last several years my tomatoes haven't been anything to brag about. I don't put enough time or care
into them. But this years have been exceptional, even if they are a bit later than usual. Surprising because all I put in were nothing special Celebrities, super cheap discount clearance on 6 little plants I picked up on a whim at Menards.

When I was a kid, I loved tomatoes with a little sugar sprinkled on them.
When I got old, I preferred them with a little salt.
These have reminded me that a good garden fresh tomato needs nothing, but to be washed and eaten.
A simple pleasure. :)

I'm jealous. I haven't had a good tomato all year. I like them with salt and pepper on them.

Latest posts