What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Scampi and fettuccine
Salad is done. Iceberg, spinach, fresh mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella! Homemade ranch. AND Italian dressing. Choices....
Got a fresh cantaloupe OR chocolate cake for dessert.
Oyeah.. TWO bottle of wine. Got a nice Moscato in the fridge!
Wife will be home soon....
View attachment 33519
Nice! I'm impressed. My husband is wonderful but he can't cook.....besides scrambled eggs.

Home made pizza for dinner. With homegrown tomatos,(such as they are this year) bell peppers, basil, oregano, garlic made with home made marinarra sauce with homemade cheese, Can't grow the olives here didn't grow the onions or mushrooms. I make the pizza dough in a bread machine and flatten it out in a circular pan by hand, bake in the oven at 500 degrees for 5 minutes, then the sauce, cheese and toppings another 10 minutes. No one is delivering pizza way out here and I'm not paying that price either. Home grown lettuce and tomato salad to go with it. This is very popular at my house.

I made a BLT with freshly made bread, local lettuce, local bacon, and heirloom tomatoes - with homemade jalapeno ranch.

Talk about something good.
Yes. Homemade/heavy duty bread, lightly toasted. I never took a liking to ranch. Real mayonnaise on one slice, and real cow butter on the other, with some salt and celery seed sprinkled on the tomatoes. Oh my.

What is your definition of real mayo? do you make it yourself or use like Duke's/Blue plate/etc?

I've tried this Chosen Foods mayo that doesn't have EDTA in it - little pricey, but I try to avoid mayo anytime but the summer for tomato sandwiches and potato salad.

We've made it before, but we buy the Dukes. Same with butter; haven't made any in years.
I found this Costco butter that is great, or just the usual Sam's club butter in bulk is my go-to.

i believe in most things homemade but, we can't make mayonnaise as good as dukes.
A little history of Duke's mayonnaise - developed in Greenville, SC in 1917 by a Mrs. Duke. She made sandwiches for WW1 soldiers at a local military camp. She invented the recipe for Duke's mayo in her kitchen. The demand for the mayo soon exceeded the demand for the sandwiches. She sold the sandwich business and concentrated on the mayo - selling jars of mayo in 1923. She cashed out in 1929 when she sold out to C.F. Sauer Company.

The Duke sandwich shop continued with the new owner, was sold a couple times and still exists today in Greenville where you can still buy a Duke's sandwich. People who grew up in this area generally only buy Duke's mayo.

If that's chopped mutton on the right side of the plate, it looks a lot like frijoles refritos..
Unfortunately, that was the chopped mutton, but didn't taste or have the texture of what they used to serve. It used to actually look and taste good, that was neither.
frijoles refritos would have been major improvement.
Hadn't eaten there in 4 years, it used to be my favorite place but I doubt I'll ever go back to eat there again.