What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

This heat is miserable. Nothing like a tomato/onion sandwich on lightly toasted homemade bread with mayo, salt, pepper and cold tater salad and cucumbers. Makes the heat seem less intense. Could also be the cold beer in a frozen mug, with a squeeze of lemon. What "heat buster" meals do you eat?
Making chicken salad today

Making chicken salad today
Welcome to the CT Forum. That post you quoted is 13 years old. No worries with that at all, but dang!! Where did those years go?

And chicken? Salad? Two words that don't belong together (I grew up picking eggs in a commercial chicken house, and had two boiled eggs for breakfast). I must say that there ain't a thing about chickens or chicken parts that belong in anything called salad.

If you think I'm being harsh or ignorant, do a search here about chili:ROFLMAO:

Someone made a boo boo at the butcher. Took out a package of filet. And a package of what was labeled as strips.
Once thawed, the strips were these!
Awful dang tender for stew meat. Idk what it is but it's pretty dang yummy off the charcoal.
20230623_183610.jpg
No peppers or onions on hand today or that's what I'd a done there.

I was going to have a bowl of oat cereal for breakfast but that's when I found the milk had gone bad... damn that 1 spoonfull was awful. Amazing how quick you can spit a mouthfull of sour milk and cherrios across the table.

So, a bowl of instant grits it is..

Last edited:
Well, this picture is after the fact.
Surf and Turf.
Sister and BIL visited for a week from RI.
Brought crab legs and stuffies. Obviously, I had the steak. I still have some stuffies in the freezer. 😋

Attachments

• 20230801_182617.jpg
    20230801_182617.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Yup - looks good!
A little New England info: Did you know that the "clams" you pictures (and in my picture) is actually a Quahog. They are rounder and hard shelled. A true "clam" is more oval shaped, and is soft shelled. You can actually crush one in your hand (if you have strong fingers). It has a "neck" that is covered in sort of a black "skin" that you remove before eating. They are much more tender than the Quahog.
We eat the Quahog raw - plain or with a little red vinegar.
I didn't have fresh Quahogs, I had "Stuffies" - which is cooked Quahogs, cut up and mixed with a seasoned Stuffing (like Stovetop) and you use a half shell and "stuff" it with the mixture. Mine were given to me frozen and we just heated them up in my toaster oven.

Scampi and fettuccine
Salad is done. Iceberg, spinach, fresh mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella! Homemade ranch. AND Italian dressing. Choices....
Got a fresh cantaloupe OR chocolate cake for dessert.
Oyeah.. TWO bottle of wine. Got a nice Moscato in the fridge!
Wife will be home soon....
20230806_154618.jpg
20230806_164324.jpg20230806_164355.jpg
20230806_171725.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts