What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Long ago in a college town there was a restaurant drawing rave reviews from everyone and I mean everyone about The Best Burgers Ever!
My brother and I decided we had to check it out. Result, we both said,
I don't see what the fuss is all about, they're just like what Mom always makes.

lol - sometimes you don't know how good you had it. :)
I know what you mean. Everyone raved about the Svilar's in Hudson Wyoming, so we just had to go check it out. I have had better steak at The Outback or Texas Roadhouse. It was ok, but nothing to write home about.

This evening I grilled some steaks and hamburgers, and my wife fixed some sweet potato fries. We'll have enough meat to eat on for a couple more days. Good to have Sunday dinner pretty much already ready.
Hamburger and a couple filets were from an older Braford cow that fed out, and the ribeyes and another couple filets were from a 13 month old Braford type steer no relation of the cow.
FF6CEBE8-1873-4722-A4E0-D4B0D9FA337A.jpeg6E87E1F6-BC5B-484E-A6E8-5A4D5466E67E.jpeg9FFAB2DA-0DF4-4C69-A59C-E4F1872C8C2A.jpeg93851996-009C-4EF3-887F-2B0FD16851C1.jpeg4A606A6F-1D5A-4B18-A7BD-3AF3149CEF2D.jpegFC7998B9-C3B8-4C8E-89B7-BCBA1962BD4C.jpeg

I grilled some ribeye steaks after working the calves today. I marinated them in Miller Genuine Draft, brown sugar, salt, and pepper overnight, and were they ever good.

I had Dr appointment in Killeen yesterday afternoon so wife and I ate at Tx Roadhouse afterwards. She had her usual overcooked ribeye and I got an 11 oz perfectly cooked sirloin, medium rare. It was great. over 1" thick on my plate.
Her ribeye for tenderness, my sirloin for flavor.

They do a good job with steak.

I received a box from one of my girls with some Taro Mochi. Looks like carp bait. Anybody know anything about it.?

I received a box from one of my girls with some Taro Mochi. Looks like carp bait. Anybody know anything about it.?
Lots of starch in them and the tasted is dependent on which of several ways to make them.
I would describe them kind of like a bland, chewey 3 day old kolache.

(If they're small enough tho, they probably would make good carp bait since they are a bit sweet)

It doesnt taste that bad. I'll eat occasionally it if an Asian restaurant has it and im feeling adventurous. Taste, texture etc, not for everyone tho.

When I was little, everyone had a pen behind their bran, where they'd keep the coons or possums they caught, and feed them out for 2 weeks. These tasted a lot betther than the ones that had gotten killed on the hunt, and you had to eat them the next day.

Latest posts