Get a cart iron skillet I melt a big spoon full of Crisco in it
In a bowl I put
2&1/2-3 cups of flour
Dab of salt
The melted crisco
And milk like I said I don't measure anything just eyeball everything it's howy
Mother does it and taught me to do it I put over on 350 and just watch thrm
Cook don't even set a timer just check them

My wife made the absolute best chili ever (it had beans, but that's for another Damn day jeez) and I told her this is ridiculous
, the seasonings are beyond perfect!!!!
Save this recipe Hon, it's perfect.

Oh crap,I just combined what I thought sounded good with 4 recipe. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Get a cart iron skillet I melt a big spoon full of Crisco in it
In a bowl I put
2&1/2-3 cups of flour
Dab of salt
The melted crisco
And milk like I said I don't measure anything just eyeball everything it's howy
Mother does it and taught me to do it I put over on 350 and just watch thrm
Cook don't even set a timer just check them
Nothing to make them rise--baking powder or baking soda?
Roll out and cut the dough or drop by the spoonfull?

I'll try em in the morning. I see my new cardiologist for the first time next Wednesday. I won't mention the Crisco...

Hey, if the wife made it!

Really, people that are hard core about chili without beans…….well, they have no sense of adventure.

They will all make themselves well known after this post. Damn bean hater's. I think they're racist.
Been called worse, but never been guilty of sodomizing chili by putting beans in it.

Nothing to make them rise--baking powder or baking soda?
Roll out and cut the dough or drop by the spoonfull?

I'll try em in the morning. I see my new cardiologist for the first time next Wednesday. I won't mention the Crisco...
I couldn't wait. They tasked me so I acted.
Not bad at all but 1st batch I put a bit too much salt.
DSC00191.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

Used self-rising flour and added a teaspoon of baking powder..

Really, people that are hard core about chili without beans…….well, they have no sense of adventure.

They will all make themselves well known after this post. Damn bean hater's. I think they're racist.

I'd like to think I'm not racist, and I happen to like beans (except butter beans and lima beans; they're not fit for human consumption). I just don't believe in ruining chili with them.

I make one kind of chilli for chilli dogs, etc., that does not have beans, no chunks of tomato or pepper or onion in it. Just beef and minced onions in the sauce. I took the recipe fornm a famous restaurant in Atlanta, the Varsity, and tweaked it a little. The "eating chili" I make, has good -sized chunks of tomato, peppers and onions in it, as well as beans. I have won this big competition at a Harley dealership every year since 2018, except 2020 when I came in 2nd. It took me til 2018 to figure out how to win these that are judged by the public. 64% of people prefer the chili mild. Most competitors think that it is a contest to see who can make it the hottest. :)

I make one kind of chilli for chilli dogs, etc., that does not have beans, no chunks of tomato or pepper or onion in it. Just beef and minced onions in the sauce. I took the recipe fornm a famous restaurant in Atlanta, the Varsity, and tweaked it a little. The "eating chili" I make, has good -sized chunks of tomato, peppers and onions in it, as well as beans. I have won this big competition at a Harley dealership every year since 2018, except 2020 when I came in 2nd. It took me til 2018 to figure out how to win these that are judged by the public. 64% of people prefer the chili mild. Most competitors think that it is a contest to see who can make it the hottest. :)

My wife learned from her mother to add a cut-up steak to the ground meat when making chili. It adds a little more texture, and I highly recommend giving it a try.

And I agree that a lot of chili has been ruined by adding too much chili powder and/or cumin.

Long ago in a college town there was a restaurant drawing rave reviews from everyone and I mean everyone about The Best Burgers Ever!
My brother and I decided we had to check it out. Result, we both said,
I don't see what the fuss is all about, they're just like what Mom always makes.

lol - sometimes you don't know how good you had it. :)

Latest posts