What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

NECowboy":1gyblxta said:
hillbilly beef man":1gyblxta said:
NECowboy":1gyblxta said:
Melvins bbq in mt pleasant sc, very so so should have gone to Sweatmans!

You were at Mt Plesant and did not eat at The Wreck? At least you made up for it at Becks. I like Colemans nearly as good.

Nope what are wreck and colemans, seafood?

The Wreck is a little hole in the wall in Mt Plesant that IMHO serves the best seafood I have ever ate. If you want fancy, it ain't it. It sits right on the docks on Shem Creek. They have chicken wire panels for walls, and their air conditioner is lawn sprinklers on the tin roof. They serve their food on paper plates, but what they might lack on ambiance, they more than make up for in taste.

If I remember the story right Coleman was Beck's sister. Both of them developed the recipie for Calabash style seafood. Each of their descents run a resturant named after each sister. They are about halfway a mile apart and one is as good as the other in my book.

kids made pizza

IMG_20160806_213256536_zpsjkoncrj6.jpg

IMG_20160806_214451356_zps6gwdykz7.jpg

Saw Highgrit Saturday and he was kind enough to give me some Wahoo and some shrimp. Garden is playing out now and its been miserably hot so I thought I'd make use of the last of the tomatoes and make something lite. Ended up cooking the Wahoo in banana leaves with lemon, lime and mango then made Gazpacho with shrimp. Pretty good meal. Thanks Highgrit, it was better than good.

13932807_893561887416465_4779729924208054271_n.jpg

Jogeephus":u1k9l8db said:
They did a great job Sky.

Thanks

Jogeephus":u1k9l8db said:
Saw Highgrit Saturday and he was kind enough to give me some Wahoo and some shrimp. Garden is playing out now and its been miserably hot so I thought I'd make use of the last of the tomatoes and make something lite. Ended up cooking the Wahoo in banana leaves with lemon, lime and mango then made Gazpacho with shrimp. Pretty good meal. Thanks Highgrit, it was better than good.

13932807_893561887416465_4779729924208054271_n.jpg

Would 50 bucks buy me a plate like that? Man that looks good

True Grit Farms":1lytwooj said:
It's hard to believe how good you make stuff look Jogeephus. You have missed your calling.

Thanks. I think this is the first time I ever had Wahoo. Its very good meat and not fishy. My wife even likes it and she doesn't eat fish other than shrimp ..... and now Wahoo. Thanks again.

True Grit Farms":y39a0tv0 said:
Your welcome Joe, and thanks again for giving me Wilbur.

Wilbur? Do you need me to send you a jar full of Charolettes or a few Templetons? :lol:

Jogeephus":175at5yj said:
hillbilly beef man":175at5yj said:

Ribeye medium rare with sea salt. Maters and garlic butter taters out of the garden. Simple. Easy. Good.

That looks perfect!

X2, has my vote so far in the next photo contest!

Latest posts