What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em":mc8bwx02 said:
M-5":mc8bwx02 said:
ga.prime":mc8bwx02 said:
Mullet's the best fish there is.
I concur, I'll take a mullet over everything else in the lakes rivers or ocean.
M5 you need to drive 3200+/- miles at a 45 degree angle NW. And try black sea bass,or Ling cod. Not to mention a "springer ".

I've ate both and still prefer mullet. Named`Em Tamed`em have you tried golden tile fish, or snowy grouper before?
What is a springer?

Back in the 1980's I used to go every year to bike week in Daytona and there was a restaurant there we always ate at that served tile fish. The tile fish is what I always got at that restaurant. It was really good. That's the only place I've ever seen tile fish.

ga.prime":1vvfx3ex said:
Back in the 1980's I used to go every year to bike week in Daytona and there was a restaurant there we always ate at that served tile fish. The tile fish is what I always got at that restaurant. It was really good. That's the only place I've ever seen tile fish.

The Down Under deck Restaurant in Port Orange is under the bridge and they sell a lot of tile fish. Kings Seafood which is right next door is owned by the same folks. And they are the largest tile fish dealer on the east coast of Florida.

highgrit":7mdtogbp said:
ga.prime":7mdtogbp said:

The Down Under deck Restaurant in Port Orange is under the bridge and they sell a lot of tile fish. Kings Seafood which is right next door is owned by the same folks. And they are the largest tile fish dealer on the east coast of Florida.
Blueline-tilefish-photo-in-color.gif

M-5":kbp8u33r said:
ga.prime":kbp8u33r said:
Mullet's the best fish there is.
I concur, I'll take a mullet over everything else in the lakes rivers or ocean.
Those mullets looked good.
BUT there is nothing like Sunnies in the summer (Sunfish) except maybe Crappies in the winter, when the ice fishing is good!

Named'em Tamed'em":2xqg08jl said:
Highgrit, a springer is a spring Chinook salmon. Real high fat and rich.

Named'em, I couldn't agree with you more, some of my favorite fish is fresh Sea Bass and Ling Cod.

Knowing your fishing background just a little, I'm sure you know this but Fall Chinook are stating to run in the lower Columbia. Seems a little early this year and they are mixed in with a pretty good run of Coho's. I'm really going to take the time to get back into fishing this fall and winter, I use to hit the Steelhead pretty hard, but it's been years since I've gone.

Son of Butch":2qx2x732 said:
Looks so much better than my bag of Frito Chili Cheese Corn Chips and can of Miller - The Champagne of Bottled Beers.

:lol2:

Kingfisher":2qx2x732 said:
Your getting a little chinchy on the cheese there bud...who did you make those tacos for?

No that's what happens when the wife makes them for me :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: If it were me making them they would be covered.

Jo, those are from a late patch of tomatoes I planted. The early patch I planted is over with and I'll be pulling them up this week. The late patch has been very productive the past two or three weeks and look healthy enough that with a little luck should make it through the rest of the month.

Latest posts