What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1y8ue0vz said:
Pretty much but these are bank beavers and have no lodges. Can't find their home to save my life. If I could life would be much simpler. I just breach their dams and they can't stand the sound of running water so they go to stop it up only to find I have a present for them. I have to drain this watershed before spring else they will kill all the timber. Right now I have roughly 30,000 gallons of water draining each minute. If I can keep them from rebuilding the dams then I'll be in good shape. I hate these pests but at least they are good to eat.
What do they taste like? Don't say chicken either!
Where does all that water go?

Okay sky! That sandwhich look dammmm good. the problem is I'm cooking dinner now, looked at your pics and now while dinner is cooking I'm eating chips. :cry:

Alan":3bksgs56 said:
Okay sky! That sandwhich look dammmm good. the problem is I'm cooking dinner now, looked at your pics and now while dinner is cooking I'm eating chips. :cry:
Agh Alan that ain't a sandwich. That's just a bunch of ham on some white bread. I made some Muffalato the other day. Something about mortadella , salami and ham with olives etc. they are good!

slick4591":2579zl5x said:
Looks really good, Sky.

Thanks Slick

Alan":2579zl5x said:

:lol2: Sorry

Kingfisher":2579zl5x said:
[ That's just a bunch of ham on some white bread.

Nope that's Potato bread

Ahh...... Just got tators going for mashed tators and still eating chips......... Why do I look at this thread! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Okay, dinner is done, pork chops slow cooked in cream of chicken soup served over mashed potatoes with corn on the side. Oh...... And I closed the bag of chips so I should be fine. :lol: :lol:

Alan":3n6sijv5 said:
Okay, dinner is done, pork chops slow cooked in cream of chicken soup served over mashed potatoes with corn on the side. Oh...... And I closed the bag of chips so I should be fine. :lol: :lol:

:lol: I would have gladly traded that sandwich for your pork chops

Kingfisher":1whj0kt5 said:
Jogeephus":1whj0kt5 said:
Pretty much but these are bank beavers and have no lodges. Can't find their home to save my life. If I could life would be much simpler. I just breach their dams and they can't stand the sound of running water so they go to stop it up only to find I have a present for them. I have to drain this watershed before spring else they will kill all the timber. Right now I have roughly 30,000 gallons of water draining each minute. If I can keep them from rebuilding the dams then I'll be in good shape. I hate these pests but at least they are good to eat.
What do they taste like? Don't say chicken either!
Where does all that water go?

Taste just like corn finished beef only more tender. Water just goes down the creek and then into the river as long as they haven't built more dams. Right now they have about 150 - 200 acres flooded. They blew out the county road and have all but flooded two people out of their homes. One guy's cattle could hardly graze because his pastures are flooded. Unfortunately, the dam is located on his neighbor's property and he is a liberal and think they are cute and cuddly so he wouldn't allow anyone to trap them. Thankfully the last rain put water in his house and he has been enlightened and has a different view of things now.

Chili chicken strips -
DSC04879_zpsbhgqdtvn.jpg

Here we go, it's so simple it's almost like cheating. Slice chicken breasts into strips, dip in egg, coat with Hinds Southern Coating(nice stuff) :D and fry. Serve with lemon and salt or mayo or sweet chutney...or whatever you prefer.
DSC04921_zpsw8xluwe2.jpg

Seems like I have been waiting for ever but here it is, the first ripe Red Karki tomato off my plants.

Could be the making of a delicious TBL or perhaps just eaten like that :D
DSC04910_zps6jmsbvbu.jpg

DSC04922_zpsvfnhap5r.jpg

How beautiful! I know it will be delicious. Can hardly wait for our GA ones to get ready. We usually get good ones from FL. They sure have had delicious strawberries from Plant City, FL. I have helped their business a lot. Can't seem to get enough. Our Ga ones will soon be ready.

Latest posts