What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Finally got around to doing my corned beef today. I've always boiled it; then always thought it tasted so fatty -- has never been one of my favorites. This time, boiled it for 30 mins. to get some of the salt out, then slow-roasted in the oven. Best c.b. I've ever had. It could become a favorite.

hillsdown":m3lel5mh said:

Does anyone else on here have one of these. Hubby brought 2 over from the States for a 2014 Christmas for myself and my mom. It is fantastic for finger foods like buffalo wings, cheese sticks, poppers, and pizza. I like it better than my pizza stone, I just have to make my pizzas 12 inches now instead of 15 ;-)

Hills, I just ordered one, thanks for sharing this cooker. Your comment about it doing better with pizza than a pizza stone sold me on it. I found a quick easy French bread pizza recipe using french sandwhich rolls I'll break it in with...... I'm looking forward to trying it out on a few things.

Thanks again, I hope your health is doing well, take care,

Alan :tiphat:

I hope you are pleased with it Alan! If anything you will like the convenience of it.

Now my husband is all full of himself again for finally getting me a Christmas present that I actually use.

Us husbands don't get it right often, so when we do we hold onto it and remind often. :lol:

Cooked a whole pig. Skin and head off. I didn't want to mess with scalding and scraping it. Injected with mix of oj, Apple juice, red wine vinegar, salt pepper garlic powder and cayenne. Sprayed every hour with apple juice/ evoo mix. 12 hours on the smoker at 215

Hook":tdfmorws said:
Cooked a whole pig. Skin and head off. I didn't want to mess with scalding and scraping it. Injected with mix of oj, Apple juice, red wine vinegar, salt pepper garlic powder and cayenne. Sprayed every hour with apple juice/ evoo mix. 12 hours on the smoker at 215

That looks really good Hook.

Hook":23j32cmw said:

Now you are just showing off Hook!!! :roll:

:lol: :D Looks amazing, great job!

Alan":242luswx said:
Us husbands don't get it right often, so when we do we hold onto it and remind often. :lol:

Mu husband has been a pretty good guy, especially these past few weeks, so I don't mind letting him play the hero every once and a while :)

I didn't know they got that big. Biggest I've ever seen were probably not over 50-60 lbs. Probably wore out their welcome and ended up on a bbq pit before they reached maturity. That 300 pounder had to be a ugly looking critter.

Latest posts