Welcome Tropical Storm Harvey

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":310xl690 said:
See the last number was 14 dead in Houston, four little kids.
This will be ugly before it's all over.

It was ugly before it ever started. Bad weather can definitely humble you, and make you feel small. All you can do is hope and pray for the best. Texas has our hearts and prayers.

Sunday night Drudge Report said "9 Trillion tons" of water had fallen on the area up to that point in time. From someone who has been through a flood and several fires, you have all my sympathy. The clean up is beyond anything I can imagine.

We got power and water back late last night. We are very fortunate. It felt good to shower and sleep in the ac.

I'm running around now trying to help friends and family in harder hit areas.

This whole deal is flat out exhausting... and it just started.

Brute 23":1bx5moq4 said:
We got power and water back late last night. We are very fortunate. It felt good to shower and sleep in the ac.

I'm running around now trying to help friends and family in harder hit areas.

This whole deal is flat out exhausting... and it just started.

Just wait until you start dealing with the insurance companies and contractors . It is hurry up and wait and it can be very frustrating.
I actually think it was easier to deal with a total loss versus damage.
On my total losses they cut me a check
on the spot both times.

Heading to Conroe to see the new grandson in a slow steady rain. I actually saw some blue sky between the clouds a few minutes ago, but it didn't last long. It was still good to see. I think it's been 5 days.

Rafter S":zq5da7ws said:
Heading to Conroe to see the new grandson in a slow steady rain. I actually saw some blue sky between the clouds a few minutes ago, but it didn't last long. It was still good to see. I think it's been 5 days.
Cool that is always fun to see grandkids last Txdot update everything was pretty good till you try and fall off South or East of Conroe.

Hook2.0":28iqz050 said:
Got 100 Rubbermaid totes, canned food, dog food, first aid kits, 130 gallons of diesel, 25 gallons gas, cases of tp, cases of paper towels, a ton of snacks, a 750$ gift card, 50 gallons chlorine, a potable water tote, case of bug spray and more stuff coming this evening.
Headed west in the early am

Where you starting from Hook?

We are closing in on 25 inches of rain in thw last 2 days down here in port Neches. My grand ma had to be rescued off village creek in Hardin county . There's water places I've never seen water. Be safe out there

Can anyone send a link for a reputable group working to help people in the area? (Other than Red Cross; no offense to them but I have a few people looking for a more grass-roots yet still reputable group to donate to. A plus if it helps farmers). Thanks

We are organizing a relief effort from our farming community in California specifically for farmers and ranchers. I am looking for general suggestions of items that are needed. As well as, specific areas in immediate need or specific people who need the supplies we are bringing. I have contacted the Texas Farm Bureau, hoping for information. We are collecting hay donations, fencing materials, livestock feed and basic supplies such as water troughs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! We are praying for all affected.

Caustic Burno":1r4jz200 said:
Rafter S":1r4jz200 said:
Cool that is always fun to see grandkids last Txdot update everything was pretty good till you try and fall off South or East of Conroe.

Thanks. We got to the hospital okay. Loop 336 is closed on the west side, but we didn't have any trouble going around. Google maps said Hwy 105 just west of the loop was closed, but that was bad, or old, info.

Latest posts