Welcome Tropical Storm Harvey

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider":3t4cx2zu said:
boondocks":3t4cx2zu said:
Can anyone send a link for a reputable group working to help people in the area? (Other than Red Cross; no offense to them but I have a few people looking for a more grass-roots yet still reputable group to donate to. A plus if it helps farmers). Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2017wil ... nref=story
They don't take donations or handle money of any sort. :D

boondocks":23l1ofgl said:
Can anyone send a link for a reputable group working to help people in the area? (Other than Red Cross; no offense to them but I have a few people looking for a more grass-roots yet still reputable group to donate to. A plus if it helps farmers). Thanks

We have been looking for such a group too. I'm not into paying CEO salaries for the big name organizations, so we are looking to verify a group like you're looking for. If I run across one I'll let you know.

cow pollinater":17fu2129 said:
HDRider":17fu2129 said:
boondocks":17fu2129 said:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2017wil ... nref=story
They don't take donations or handle money of any sort. :D

[youtube]https://youtu.be/OjYoNL4g5Vg[/youtube]

boondocks":1kp40dlz said:
The state of Texas has the STAR fund, which is set up just for agricultural disaster relief. I looked into it when the panhandle fires hit and remember that it took some digging just to find it but it is there and that's what it's for.
Things are just starting to get moving. I can just about promise that there will be ten or more solid options for donating that will show up within the next few weeks. I will try to remember to get them posted here as I find them.
Unfortunately, I can also just about promise that there will be a few that try to take advantage of the situation that will make themselves look like a legit place to donate.

Caustic Burno":tmoq47ci said:
Just got off the phone with GB he didn't loose the house.
Lost some cows doesn't know how many yet.
Said the water was receding.

Glad to hear it he's safe. Let's hope it continues to recede

slick4591":nq4g0unk said:
boondocks":nq4g0unk said:

We have been looking for such a group too. I'm not into paying CEO salaries for the big name organizations, so we are looking to verify a group like you're looking for. If I run across one I'll let you know.

Slick, I'm not a baptist by any means but the Texas Baptist Men's Group (probably not official name) has done an awesome job over the years. They come in with big 18 wheelers that have complete kitchens, refrigeration, etc. and start churning out hundreds of meals for refugees. Also pass out gift cards etc. Very highly rated organization.

Workinonit Farm":27pgr089 said:
Caustic Burno":27pgr089 said:
JSCATTLE":27pgr089 said:
Not down here in my neck of the woods. Still raining sideways.
+1

:shock: :( :frowns:

Don't know what JSC has received so far we're pushing 25" inches here.
That is not a drop to what some of the flat landers got hammered by.
Lord please don't let the wind get up with this saturated ground.

The boss and I both volunteer through Florida Baptist Disaster relief. I think they have two or three folks that actually get a paycheck the rest are folks like us that volunteer. The boss is on a clean up crew they cut and remove downed trees or do mud out work in flooded areas. I serve either on an admin team or on a feeding unit. I will be heading to either Texas or Louisiana next week with a feeding unit. We have two tractor trailer size units in Florida, I imagine both will be activated. On major disasters like this one we will work hand in hand with the Red Cross to get food out to those that need it, we cook and the Red Cross distributes. They don't bring us in until it is considered safe, we have a group of 40 just waiting on the word to head that way. Right now it looks like we will be stationed in Lake Charles La, but that could change ten times before they finally give us the go ahead to come. Teams work for 7 days then rotate out, keep in mind the average age of our volunteers is 65 and it is a rough 7 days. After Katrina the unit was preparing around 3000 meals a day. It was exhausting, but nothing as hard as those being served were dealing with. We will continue to pray for those affected by this storm, I honestly think this one is going to be worse than Katrina, and I never thought I would see that in my lifetime.

https://flbaptist.org/disaster-relief/

Texas has a very active baptist diaster relief program, I know they were some of the first out of state teams to arrive in Pensacola after Ivan. The Texas teams are the ones that got me interested in this ministry, I just wish I would never have needed to pay them back.

Gizmom

boondocks":2p7ayyf6 said:

I like Mercuryone.org they are good people check them out 100% of your donation goes to the victims they take nothing for overhead no skimming off the top, right now they're focusing on food water and truckloads of gas jugs to refill the rescue boats this is one of the few that I trust check them out for yourself

Brute 23":3s8c4hn4 said:
Beeville is up rocking and rolling. Just got fuel at the HEB. The hotels had people but didn't look packed by any means.

37 south is packed with trucks and equipment headed south. That's a good sign.
In Lufkin tonight, gotta pick up some stuff at College Station in the morning the head south. Were still going to Beeville to manage the distribution station.

I am cringing hearing this rain. I am praying my cattle have found some ground. People in the area are getting rescued from flooded houses. Gonna be a long night wondering and wishing I had any idea this was going to happen. With all that said, my family is high and dry at home. So thankful for that.

Latest posts